cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

Tutor

How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

I'm beginning to wonder if Hughes is running a resource conservation game on a subset of users hoping most will not notice. And further hoping the ones who do notice will simply sit back and put up with it after countless hours wasted with tech support listening to their continual insistence they can find nothing wrong with the performance of our service. Then there's the continual blame game they run on customers as they insist all poor performance issues are on the user side of the modem.
49 REPLIES 49

Re: How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

This list will be short.  
Honorary Alumnus

Re: How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

I'm not. I am holding steady, even on weekends at about 19.5Mbps on my 15Mbps rated plan.

My Gen4 performance is satisfactory and uniform 24 (well, 18)/7. (95246, if anyone is keeping score)
Tutor

I am above my 10 Mbps as well pretty much any time of the day or night.

I live in N MI and we'v had a brutal winter so far; my Hughes Gen4 service is excellent.  If I hit a snag, tech help generally deals with the problem and solves it quickly and efficiently.  I feel bad for the people who have bad service, is it location or what?  Thought Hughes dish was supposed to eliminate that??

Just out of curiosity, how are you measuring the speed?
Tutor

I don't think it has anything to do with location. I live 35 miles west of dead center on beam 55 (gulf coast) and it's rare for my signal to drop below 127 with clear skies.

Also rare for my web response be high. Only 1.5% of my tests are over 2 seconds. 70% are 1.1 seconds and below. I may have a web response of 0.7 seconds and a download of 75 kbps.

On web response, the other day a tech support rep told me great web response is 12 seconds so I cannot have a problem. I don't think so.
Assistant Professor

Steady 15-20Mbps here for at least six months but that is using third party tests like AT&T and actual experience when downloading a large file.
For some reason the Hughes test always reports low for me, usually half that.

Wife is watching YouTube while I'm posting this.
Honorary Alumnus

The Hughes speed test