cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

Re: How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

to late !!! , done, did it and it is back to where it should be !!!   should i wash my boots off !!!

Re: How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

That's the problem then.  I am on the Pro plan with the Max available.  The ultra is not offered.  I just checked Hughes.net offers in my area.  They over sold the bird.  When my modem was replaced and the service was still in the crapper, they bumped up my speed so it would work during peak times.  That's why I got a 20+ MBPS in the middle of the night.  That has never happened until this round with the equipment.  That's why all the run around I keep hearing about.  Our problems started when I saw Exede signs pop up in the area.  They use the same bird.  The download has been so choppy that a streaming show cannot stay loaded.  Thanks Gwalk900 for this piece of the puzzle.
Honorary Alumnus

Rickie,

I don't think it is so much that they oversold the "bird" as they have oversold the gateway capacity where your signal is "administered" on the ground side of things.

Now there does seem to be some "tweaks" that they can sometimes apply to improve things, other times a plan level change will result in you being assigned to a different and hopefully less saturated gateway.

They are adding capacity but it is a slow and tedious process.

The best plan is $40 more with a promise of 5 GBPM increase and 5 gigs more data.  We don't run out of data now so that increased speed is the only advantage.  I would be most happy with my plan now if it came close to 1/2 of what it is supposed to during peak usage.  I need 1 MBPS to upload a streaming show in HD.  I'll watch my equipment now that I found out I can click that little gray i for information on the HT1100 System Control Center at http://192.168.0.1.  I can diagnose it myself.  Thanks for all your help Gwalk900.

The HT1100 control Center at http://192.168.0.1 has a little gray i at the top right.  I just found out about it.  I can check my own equipment now.  That's what the techs are looking at when you call them.  It would have saved me a lot of grief to have known that.

that's one that's easy to overlook !!!
Honorary Alumnus

Rickie,

I have posted this in the past but once more won't hurt I guess as new members join the Community

It is my version of "SCC Lite"

It outlines some of the useful information in the modems internal "pages". They are in order of "depth" I guess you could say.

I would suggest you download then into a folder on your computer for a reference at the times your system my be down.

Click on the pics for a larger image.

First some prelim text:

Open the Modems SCC by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser opens the Main Page.

The Main page is a sort of "at a glance" system check:

Data Allowance is shown in one area

In the area marked as #1 an Icon gives indicates System Status by color:

Clicking on the words System Status will open a more detailed page.

Useful information here includes Signal Strength, LAN Status and your assigned Gateway server.

In the area marked #2 an icon indicates System Information status by color:

Clicking on the words System Information will open a more detailded page.

Useful information here includes modem software version and Beam and Gateway assignments.

Clicking the smaill icon marked as #3 will open the modems advanced pages.

Here you find a list of present and past "errors" or conditions experienced by your system.

Some what deeper into the advanced pages is where we can "toggle" Web Acceleration in the event of page "timeout" problems or perform a MBX Reset.

This a usable link to the Jupiter State Code Manual:

http://lmscontent.hughes.net/8606/420284/data/downloads/jupiterterminalstatecodes%201.8.pdf

Those pretty much touch on the main areas

Thanks Gwalk900.  More information came with my washing machine that sat system.  Come to think of it no info came with it.
Assistant Professor

Here son with no licence and never driven before, take the car for a spin.
Too bad more customers don't come here before they are past the point of no return.

Prior to getting my new modem we (tech support and I) re-installed, rebooted, re-registered, and re... well, you get the picture. It didn't help Smiley Happy Hopefully, for those of us having these weird problems, it'll get fixed soon. Smiley Happy