How to get tech support to listen?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_king
Freshman

How to get tech support to listen?

My dish is loose.  It will move a little left or right by touch, a strong wind, or apparently at will.  I tried to explain this to the tech support people via phone, but they don't seem to listen. 

The result is that my signal strength that was running in the high 90s to 100 is now hovering in the mid 70s and sometimes lower.  When it gets lower I go out and move the dish a little until I get the best reading on strength.

I need a tech to come out, realign the dish and then secure it, but I can't get tech support to understand this.  Why?  They have had me reset the modem and then gave me some BS reason that the problem was due to bad weather in Idaho.  All the while I was trying to get them to understand that the problem is with the dish alignment and it moving.  How hard must I bang my head into the wall before the listen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Ken. I've escalated your case to our installations department which oversees all the dealers. I brought attention to your current phone number so they can get in contact with you there. I've also updated your number in our system so that we are current. I'll post back if I get any updates from installs.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16