cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify where your data may be going

Re: How to identify where your data may be going

Well, it just requires people be able to follow instructions.

Oops. ;-)

I was just this minute looking at an Event Log and saw that the Bits Client wanted to update Silverlight (but won't do so on my machine until the BB period).

There is an awful lot of evil lurking in the background of Windows. Oh, and Apple too--yesterday I noticed my iPad automatically downloaded iOS8.1. With Gen3 that would have killed my day! The BITS bandwidth limit trick doesn't work with Apple downloads of course, but not even iTunes for Windows stuff.

I am reading this after wondering where all my data went - my 16-year-old son asked me yesterday if I had a flash drive, and of course I asked what he wanted it for, and of course I didn't understand his answer as I am not geeky enough, but I have a huge chunk of data gone from yesterday - he said the flash drive/stick did not work - what the heck did they (he and his friend) do with it? I have some choice words. Wow.
Highlighted

This sounds great, in essence, but it tells me nothing. I don't understand all of these terms and I have never understood why it isn't like electricity - if you plug it in, it should work. If you pay your bill, you should have power. Why, oh why, can it not be that simple? I'm so tired.