cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify where your data may be going

New Poster

How to identify where your data may be going

I know there are a lot of people that are seeing their data disappear but dont what causing it, I have found a program that can help you identify what programs are running and how much data they are using and it very easy to use and read. its called GlassWire and was recently shown in PCWORLD. here is the link to their site where it can be downloaded for free.   https://www.glasswire.com/
112 REPLIES 112
New Poster

Re: How to identify where your data may be going

here is a screenshot of mine from last night just for an example.

Great find Charles! Thanks.  Now if only we could find one that could compile this with what our tablets, phones, AV receivers & TV's are using also Smiley Happy.
New Poster

From what I read in their community they are working on a way to use it with a router to view all network activity. but that may take a few years. lol
New Poster

William you need an ASUS RT-AC68R wireless router and install Merlin 3rd party firmware and it will tack all data to the internet by the device IP address and show you a daily, weelky, and monthly tally, thats what I use
New Poster

Keep in mind although the firmware is free the router is $217 on sale

Charles, I'll pass on the $217 router!  I am currently using a refurb netgear router from NewEgg that set me back $19.99 and works like a champ (5 years and counting!).
Advanced Tutor

Charles,

That's great! Thanks for posting that.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
New Poster

I know what you mean William I have several refurbished Dlink DIR-655's from newegg that cost me $24.99 each and to be honest they are an awesome router.
Assistant Professor

Really sweet! Love how it breaks everything down. Internet monitoring for dummies, like me.  Smiley Happy

The ability to monitor other devices like a smart TV sure would make it pretty much perfect. No, I'm not buying another router either to do it. Smiley Tongue