cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Glasswire, Netguard, and other monitoring ...stuff...

How to use Glasswire, Netguard, and other monitoring ...stuff...

Ok, it was suggested that i make a new topic to help myself and others figure out how to use various network monitoring programs that not only monitor usage like the hughesnet status monitor, but tell you WHERE the data went, theoretically. I think i failed at setting mine up, and you guys are supposed to help me (and future others) figure out how to get them up and running smoothly. I have faith in you, and this was all Gwalk900's idea :Smiley Tongueoints and runs::

Now, the one i TRIED to set up, was Cucusoft's Net Guard. But at the moment its claiming that ive got absolutely nothing eating data.. which the statusmeter disputes so i must have done something wrong in the setup.. Help? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy Oh, ive got the 1100, but as this is supposed to morph into a general How To, anthing that might be different on different systems should probably be mentioned, but for my own sake, im running Windows 8.1 at the moment, though the most usage goes through a dreaded chromebook which i doubt i could even PUT this on, so im not sure how that works heh. Does this monitor the whole network, or just the computer its on? More info is needed Smiley Happy Thank you all Smiley Happy
9 REPLIES 9
Honorary Alumnus

Re: How to use Glasswire, Netguard, and other monitoring ...stuff...

I have to run but here is some preliminary stuff on Net Guard:

The Net Guard main window:

The Net Guard customizable "statement" function in PDF form:

I'm sure Charles will be along with GlassWire details.

obviously im an idiot. According to my netguard, ive used not a whit of internet since i installed it yesterday, though hughes says ive used .2 gigs, on what i have no idea, and even after that increase showed up, i watched two six minute youtube vids just to see if the application would show them.. nada. It IS hooked up though because it shows connections, just no speed or data use. very confused. Ran two speed tests on there since it seems to be the only thing i can make work, both times said my speed was "below 512k"
no better data than that.. and im on a 10mbps plan.

Hi John,

Hope you get the help you need from these guys. Third party software can be tricky, but Gwalk and Charles are very good at these kinds of things and I am definitely sure they can help you out.

Thanks
Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

John,
Because Hughes uses a "proxied Web Acceleration Server" you can disregard most other speed tests.

Did you alter any of the default Net Guard settings ?

Can you post a screenshot of Net Guards main display page ?

Sumpin' don't sound right.
New Poster

John if you want to see your true throughput speed install this little desktop speedometer. open the link and on the left side of the page click download its called Bitmeter2, as for Netguard Im not sure about it but I will install it and see what I can find.
 http://codebox.org.uk/pages/bitmeter2
Assistant Professor

Networx has one included in their package.
New Poster

Im still trying to install it, Comodo cut it off at the knees, lol
Assistant Professor

Hmmm, works for me with Comodo. Maybe I have too much turned off in Comodo or you don't know what you're doing. 
Highlighted
New Poster

I tried to install with it running and it caught me. lol