cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Issues with Speed at HughesNet... switched from Exede

Sophomore

Re: Huge Issues with Speed at HughesNet... switched from Exede

Well, going on 3 weeks since I first posted my issue and I have yet to have anyone from HN contact me or even reply to this thread. I am still having horrible speeds between 5:00 and 11:00 pm to the point I can't do anything via the internet. This is the time of evening we occassionally like to sit down and watch something as a family on Netflix, but that CANNOT happen between those hours. Streaming does not exist during that time frame.

Just absolutely horrible service and customer service. Pathetic...

Sophomore

@GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE

I still have yet to have anyone from HughesNet repond to this thread and try to fix the issue? I've posted my test.my results and am having the same issues... slow speeds at night and no way to stream. What do I have to do to get someone to respond or try to fix the issue? Why is this problem continually going on?

Do the staff at HughesNet realize how frustrating it is to pay $120+ a month and not be able to watch a show or movie with my family in the evening when we are all home together? Or not be able to download any files for work in the evenings because it takes so long? Please someone... ANYONE... give me a valid reason why I continually have horrible speeds between the hours of 4:00 and 10:00PM?!?!

Distinguished Professor IV

@dirtred9

I will tag the reps so that they will be sure to see this thread.  I hope that they soon reply and help you.  

@Liz

@Amanda

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi dirtred9,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting and providing speed tests. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi dirtred9, Please check your PMs, I've updated you on your dispatch. -Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

@Liz

Please check my message to you. The technician showed up and claimed everything was fixed. It is not fixed. I am not able to stream anything... tried both yesterday and today. I just ran a TestMy test and got 1.4mbps.

Observer

I totally agree. I also switched from Exceed to HughesNet and am completley frustrated with the intermittant signal, slow speeds and horrrible customer service. Appearently "Up to 25 mbps" actually means closer to 2 mbps. 8 is the best I have ever gotten. Often  I can't even get the speed test to load. I also am dependent on the internet for work, and this is not working. 

For days I have been on with both Hughesnet and Apple support, reconfiguring my system, trying different wifi base stations and boosters, to try to improve connectivity and speeds. I originally had a bridge set up between the HughesNet modem and my Airport Extreme base station, but the HughesNet tech support thought I would do better using thier wifi, so they walked me through disconnecting my third party set up and reconnecting with theirs. It didn't work as well. And now I am trying to reset the modem back to the original bridge I had to the Airport, and they are telling me I have to pay for tech support to reconfigure their modem. To get back to the settings I was on in the first place. 

I had originally considered trying the HN wifi booster, but after so many bad experiences with tech support, I have changed my mind. How do we fix this? 

Distinguished Professor IV

@jorinh

To reconfigure your setup to work with your Airport Extreme base station your best bet is to create a new post in the Third Party Products section, explaining what you are trying to do.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning dirtred9,

Thank you for this update. Testmy.net recently made a change on their site that affects the results. Can you post your Ookla results? Were these tests run while directly plugged into the HughesNet modem? If not, please run some tests while plugged directly into the modem. I've run diagnostics on your site, and the equipment is running normally. Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz