cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes Net Worse Mistake Ever!!!!!

New Poster

Hughes Net Worse Mistake Ever!!!!!

Been a customer less than 24hrs already know this is the worst mistake I have made in a long time!!!!!

I was promised by not one but two different customer services reps that I could port my home phone number over to Hughes net. Only to find out that Big River Telelphone.com (the company that Hughes uses for phone service) does not cover my area.  Customer service and support reps a total joke and  are no help. Hold times are ridiculous in excess of 1hr on most recent call only to be cut off after insisting I talk a with supervisor.

After realizing that my local number was not going to port all I was asking was what numbers do I have to choose from?  Cannot even get an answer to that question.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hughes Net Worse Mistake Ever!!!!!

This was Liz's response to a similar problem..  And Big River does not allow you to choose numbers. It just kicks you out a number..

Thanks for posting. The other technical reasons for a number being ineligible to be ported has to do with local phone carriers, which are out of our control. Somehow even local numbers aren't considered "local" according to phone carriers. Anyway, that's why we do indicate on our HughesNet Voice webpage and FAQ that one may be eligible to port their number, but it's not always guaranteed.

How Can I Learn More About the HughesNet Voice Service?

Get Started with HughesNet Voice

I hope that clears things up.

Hi Don,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Glad to see that gokartergo24 already chimed in with the answer. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I also have extreme problems with HughesNet I have called in over 50 times I have a case number book as long as my arm even when my HughesNet bill has just been paid and my service is full I cannot watch post on Facebook that include videos without it buffering for half an hour same for my little girl trying to watch videos on YouTube the mobile app on home says I have used 90% of my data the usage part of the mobile App says I still have for data I had 11 tokens for them messing up the service so bad they used every one of them without my permission and refuse to replace them the tag on this website is so horrible it took me 15 tries just to post this comment I constantly have to reset my router to get service They never stand behind their word as far as fixing my service all in all the worst company or corporation I have ever had to deal with
Distinguished Professor III

@ChristopherClar

Because this is a support site, instead of wasting your time and energy complaining on old threads, which helps no one, including yourself, you should start a new topic in Tech Support to get help for your issue(s).  If you decide to do so, please use punctuation to make it a bit easier to decipher.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit