cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes Net are thrives & liars!!!!

Re: Hughes Net are thrives & liars!!!!

Hey, Gabe.....if you are making those payments to HughesNet, you may be safe, but you are not getting very good service. You should look into Broadband service to see if it's available in your area. I canceled HughesNet and switched to Broadband, and I cannot tell you how happy I am with the new service. Very fast, and no limit on how much we use.
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm not trying to get this going again, but just wanted to say that yes, you are correct, in that if they had a day in regular court, and the plaintiff loses, then chances are VERY high that the plaintiff would be responsible for the defendant's legal fees. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good information. I can only assume my son, the lawyer, will know if Carroll County, Maryland exercises such a potential penalty.

The greater point everyone seems to be missing, however, is how awful HughesNet is. Those of us who have experienced the terrible service and technical limitation of HughesNet will continue to denigrate them in any way possible. Whether I take them to Small Claims Court or just join the many who tell others about how awful HughesNet is, we are all getting a part of that pound of flesh from a terrible company. If I can only contribute bad publicity for them, that may have to be enough. Terrible publicity and bad recommendations over time will cost them to either improve or fail.

BTW, I've replaced HughesNet with a Broadband Service, which works great. No limitation on usage, and it's fast enough for us to do everything we need to do on the internet.

Hi HMichael,

I am sorry to say if you had broadband available, you should have gone there first. Satellite internet is mainly reserved for those who would otherwise have poor DSL or dial up as their only options.

Amanda

Can I assume Amanda works for HughesNet? If she does, her response is vindictive and not very nice. What did she accomplish in favor of HughesNet by discussing JMJohnson's payment history? I suspect he stopped paying because they were providing terrible service and refused to help him resolve the problems he was having with HughesNet. But for her to discuss a client's payment history here shows what a low class organization HughesNet actually is.

No Kidding. Not that I need to explain anything to someone such as you, but at the time we went to the awful HughesNet, Broadband was not available in our location. It just recently became an option, and I switched from the awful HughesNet to Broadband because I read an article in our local newspaper about the new service.

Instead of worrying about what people should do or not do viz-a-viz HughesNet, you should focus your energy on fixing all that is wrong with HughesNet. If you did that, perhaps you would not have so many unhappy customers.

Hi HMichael

We have a private option for threads. It is never good to assume or suspect - yes I am a Hughes employee and no, we did not refuse to assist the original poster.

Amanda

Hi HMichael,

I don't see that you have any posts here and I don't have your account information, so I can't tell if you actually attempted to get assistance from us to resolve your concerns or not. As far as I am concerned, there is no issue with the service but it seems there is an issue with users being unsure about how our service works and the scientific limitations of the service.

We would have been happy to help you, but I suppose it is too late. We wish you luck with your new ISP!

Amanda

"Goodwill" is a very Important commodity for any business. I'm sure you know this if you have taken even the basic course in economics in college. The point I made, which you don't seem to understand, is that Amanda, by discussing a clients financial issues with her company perhaps causes many others who might do business with her to be hesitant.  What she wrote does not enhance the Goodwill of HughesNet. If you think it did, please elaborate for my continuing education. Would you like your financial history discussed on the internet? Perhaps you would.

I'm delighted to hear you are joyously engaged with HughesNet. You are the first person I have ever heard of who is. All the others I know of who use HughesNet are VERY dissatisfied. But I do understand you are the exception who may prove the rule. I wonder if you can document your statement about for every one who is unhappy, 100 are happy with HughesNet?  I'd like to see that data. All I can provide you with is my experience with the many in this area, and in one other location out of State, who have HughesNet, and they hate it.

You claim, "Amanda Answered his question which was posted in the clear." For some reason I seem to have missed the question jmjohnson asked. Perhaps you could cut and paste it for me in your defense of HughesNet.

Independent of all that, I am delighted for you to have the HughesNet service you find so satisfying. I only wish I had had a similar experience.  But I think even you can figure out I did not. BTW, my new ISP is slightly less that $50 a month less than HughesNet. Perhaps cost is not a consideration for you, so you are getting exactly that for which you pay. I wish you well in your continued use of the internet and HughesNet.

New Poster

What she did was point out that op lied about why the service was disconnected