cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes is crap. A big fat scam

Highlighted

Hughes is crap. A big fat scam

I had Hughes for 24 hours and cancelled. It is a scam. The cost is fine. I expect to pay and don't mind paying for Internet service. But you get no internet with this. At Uverse I have high speed no data cap and can play Xbox online 24 hrs a day everyday for $79.00 a month. At Hughes you get 1 hour of play all month for $79.00 a month. This has to be against the law. How are they allowed to do this.? They have the capabilities of giving high speed with no data caps so why won't they.? Then they lie and ask me if I want them to come to my home and see if they can fix it. Fix what? There's nothing at my house messed up. If you only allow 10 bits of data how is coming to my house going to fix that. What a bunch of scammers and idiots. And BTW the 20 bits to play at 2 a.m. Is just as stupid. So you get 2 hours to game once a month during the night.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Hughes is crap. A big fat scam

If you understood satellite internet you'd know they do not have the capability of providing unlimited data to over a million customers. As far as blowing through your data so quickly, that is on you. Why would you be using satellite if you have U-verse?

This makes no sense, as don't know what you mean by 20 bits, plus Bonus time is 2-8 AM and the monthly allowance for it is 50 GB.
And BTW the 20 bits to play at 2 a.m. Is just as stupid. So you get 2 hours to game once a month during the night.
Highlighted

Re: Hughes is crap. A big fat scam

Good morning nan, 

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm glad you still have an alternate ISP option, we offer high-speed internet to those who otherwise don't have any.

To add to BirdDog's info, here's a more detailed explanation as to why we have data allowances:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/gen_4_service_plan

Good luck with your next ISP!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.