cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

New Poster

Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

There are a lot of people that just cant stay up to use the Bonus period, seem to me that they could offer an option for those people to be able to use the bonus data that they are actually paying for during a different time frame like swap your bonus period for free weekends, because as it stands now Hughes knows a lot of people cant or wont use that time frame and are just basicly stealing that data from them with no other option for the customer to use it
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

Agreed.  I get up very early most mornings and so I use my bonus time then if I can.  Seems like HN could setup a day like Saturday or Sunday during the day where that time could be used.  Say 2 bonus time hours on a Sunday afternoon.  Give us a more convenient time to do our updates and make use of the time we pay for.

Re: Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

My suggestion was to let us convert Bonus Bytes to Anytime Bytes at a rate of 2:1-4:1
New Poster

I think bonus bytes is stupid!! Let us just use the 10 bytes whenever we want. We are paying enough for them.

Hi,

Basically reason you have that bonus time is that is time that is low peak less people on, at midnight not many people are online at noon lots are. As far as them doing that I don't see it ever happening the bonus time is exactly that they give you 10GB of anytime data, that is what you pay for and as a bonus you get 10 GB during off peak hours

I agree that SOMETHING  needs to be done by Hughesnet to help customers who have occasional need of more bandwidth, such as having to set up a new computer and all the downloads needed for anti-virus and other software. Most of the time I don't use my entire monthly allowance (simply because I refrain from enjoying the wonderful things available on the internet) and conserve it tightly. Then, when the need of more bandwidth comes up, such as mentioned above, Hughesnet should have a provision that would allow use of that Bonus Byte bandwidth rather than force us to PAY again for "tokens". Seems that with all that brainpower available to Hughesnet some person, somewhere could come up with a workable solution.  But then, it's all about the money, isn't it?.
Assistant Professor

But then, it's all about the money, isn't it?.
That is capitalism in the US isn't it? Always about increased profits every year. Have to be realistic about some things.

Charles

I would think that empirical data/graphs of use time, the current trend of electronic manufacturers to push cloud storage so people are stimulated to buy devices that can reach their data from anywhere as well as have a backup in the clouds, remaining capacity of the bird, intent to capture a market share of newer markets out of the U.S., and offerings of the competition has received much more attention in the promotion of current plans than any benefits to the existing or new customer base. The removal of free unlimited uploads may be part of a plan to remold/balance the use of the satellite at the expense of the customers. The anytime bytes with no free upload may be an attempt to shift a lot of cloud storage uploading to the low use hours. Adding a cap to the bonus bytes protects the possibility of that time period becomming used over capacity. The term "balancing the system" can mean more than balancing the gateways. From our customer standpoint it is like buying a large box of cereal and finding it only partially full when opened.I hope my conclusions are wrong but I doubt if your trading bonus bytes at late night for weekends will fly because of the factors above.

Ron

New Poster

I would agree with you Ron if when running in the bonus period everybodys system didnt slow down due to congestion during that period, it seems that instead if the bonus period reducing the congestion during the anytime period it has only caused 2 different periods of congestion
Assistant Professor

Yea, I honestly believe people would scatter out their downloads during normal hours if it were all lumped into one. They would find pockets when downloads are best. It would balance out over time.