cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

New Poster

Re: Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

Thats exactly what I was figuring

Re: Hughes needs to setup an option for customers who either cant or are not able to use the Bonus Period

Does Hughes.net have the ability to increase power to beam cells for heavy use or bad weather conditions to keep the speed up?
New Poster

Actually I think it the modem that does it (PowerWord)

Charles,

Could the adding of the fake gen 4 HN9000 higher speed for most of the western U.S. play a big role in that? Lot's of folks out west on satellite internet and 1-3 hours earlier than 2 A.M. in the East.

Ron

Since there are 4-5 hours (depending on your plan) PER NIGHT, or 28-35 per week.  2 hours on a Sunday afternoon?  NOT enough.  I'd want 12 hours PER DAY at the very least on the weekends...

The problem is, they are trying to control traffic.  Traffic on the satellites would become overloaded if people could use them anytime.  Even the weekend idea may not be possible.  I hope it could be, but I don't know the technical limitations Hughes faces with their satellites...

Good morning Charles,

Thank you for starting this topic and offering your feedback, it's always appreciated. We will pass up all the points brought up in this thread to management. Once we have any news to share, we'll post back. 

For those who haven't yet already seen this, our senior VP of sales and marketing, Mike Cook, addressed this topic before, regarding our current service plan structure. You can read it here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/gen_4_service_plan?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D...

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Guys, I was a BIG part of the above mentioned plan so I feel I have a firly decent perspective on the whole issue... Charles I agree it DOES cause two periods of congestion and that was my big arguement then... While I semi agree with the VP's statement there was one idea that was never touched upon... You see the thing about Bonus bytes is If we don't use them we lose them, thats where the anger comes in, you say EXTRA we sasy PAID for...... What's wrong with compensation for those who conserve?? I kinda get not wanting to open it up even for weekends but what about those "MAGICAL TOKENS"...  

Legacy plans get a free monthly token, problems and issues get tokens and there's ALWAYS the ability to purchase and use when necessary.... So my question is as it is this doesn't seem to cause any added congestion (or loss in sales) so what would be the harm in throwing a small compensation customers way for those of us who don't use all of our bonus bytes... Say for instance half of what save carries over in the token bucket...
Honorary Alumnus

Melissa,

I think rolling over/converting  a percentage of unused Bonus Bytes into Tokens every month would be a great idea.

I currently have 17 GB accumulated in my Token Bucket. I know for example when I build my wifes new computer in the next few weeks I will have adequate data allowance available to get it updated and all software installed without wreaking the normal monthly allotment. Having that data available as Token Data means I can use it anytime.

In the past Hughes was the "innovator" offering unlimited late night before the competition. With the upcoming plan changes to be instituted by Exede, its time for Hughes to get innovative again or Exede is going to steal Hughes's "cheese".

HughesNet is going to launch a new satellite soon to become operational in late 2015 or early 2016 which will have 10x the capacity of the current Gen4 satellite.