cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes net has been a big disappointment.......................

Highlighted

Hughes net has been a big disappointment.......................

I had hoped hughesnet would have been an improvement over the previous IP but sadly......no.

Firstly, I must thank Liz for being patient and trying to help. She always seemed to understand that the people that she was dealing with were mad and frustrated.........here's another but ..........................but, knowing what I know now and experienced since signing with hughesnet, I would not bother picking up the phone.

Hughesnet is only viable if you are desperate.

Hoping to improve my internet service, I agreed to pay more for service from hughesnet. Sales gave me the promises that sales give but which none are true. I turned into a data commando trying to preserve and protect my data allowance like it was a life giving substance.

I had to completely change my internet lifestyle. Instead of enjoying a movie or listening to music, I read. Instead of chatting on Facebook or watching videos on Youtube, I clean my desk. I refuse to let my wife use her laptop or her newly acquired smart phone. It goes on. Wait! In order to do any of the above, I'm able to log on between 2 & 8am...........Wait!       Even that was reduced! As it was 2-10am!!(As quoted from an online review)

If you need help trying overcome the misinformation you received from sales you learn quickly that using the phone is a not the answer Talking to customer service is hard enough to deal with when they can speak english. The community would be a better option if HN discontinued the use of "champions". There are those who try to help and are eager to do so but having spent time reading about the problems of others. I found that rude comments, by some, were beyond the boundaries of civility. 

Lastly, this will be my last post. I will not be entering the community again. I've dealt with the fallacies and will deal with the shortcomings of hughesnet. I must also admit that signing with hughesnet has not been all bad.

At least my desk is clean

tw
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Hughes net has been a big disappointment.......................

The community would be a better option if HN discontinued the use of "champions". There are those who try to help and are eager to do so but having spent time reading about the problems of others. I found that rude comments, by some, were beyond the boundaries of civility.

Right..doubt it will actually happen though...There's more "champions" and wanna-be champions than actual "Hughesnet Official Reps" on here which is backwards IMO...I feel that customers should just call the corporate office directly if they're wanting help in a timely manner especially since "phone support" is barely competent and often times rude when it comes to helping customers and the " HN Official Reps" well they only seem to jump in after some of the "champions" start fanning the flames JMO.

Re: Hughes net has been a big disappointment.......................

Hi tw,

I'm sorry we could not finish working out your speed concerns. Should you change your mind, the community is always here to help.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->