Hughesnet Community

Hughes promised Premier Speed at a Premier Price they can't provide. I want to terminate and they want an ETF? I need help other than case #

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debra Strole

Hughes promised Premier Speed at a Premier Price they can't provide. I want to terminate and they want an ETF? I need help other than case #

I signed up for Hughes net service in May . We lived in remote area and Hughes. Net was our only choice. We had tried the local phone company. Which had old telephone lines we were repeatedly disconnected, then tried cell sevice which had poor coverage. Hughes.net seemed our only choice. When I siigned up the sales rep promised and charged us for Premier Service and said we would receive 5 mbs. We never had that speed. When I called to terminate the service. I was told I had to pay an ETF. Hughes misrepresented their service. I have been given 2 case #'s . I would like to know how to expedite this to a higher level. The last customer sevice rep was excellent but couldn't help me other than to send me a survey and guide me to this site.
10 REPLIES 10
Ricky
Tutor

Your are at the corporate level now. Post one of your case #'s so one of the corporate mods can find you account and get to work on your issue.
Chris11
Alum

Hello Debra,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! We can certainly look into your concerns. What can be done is a sales call review. We'll verify that you were not misled and depending on the results you may have recourse. It can take a few days to receive a response. However once we have more info I will update you.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hello Debra,

Thanks for being patient. Unfortunately your call was unable to be located. However because that is the case we always side with our customers. So, to resolve this we are willing to allow you to cancel the service with no fees. Do you have other options for service in your area? Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris
Debra Strole

Hi Chris. Please terminate the service today . Thank you for your immediate response to our problem. Will you email me with this information? Debra
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Debra, will be Monday before Chris is back and can work on the cancellation.
vickyandneal

I also have been having ISSUES with the ability to watch movies...I do not want to watch them in the middle of the night when you have "bonus" download time...I was led to believe that the service would be great...I have called twice and complained about it and wanted to cancel...I am told that it would cost me $400 to cancel, or pay $70 a month and get the highest capabilities...there isn't any internet out there that I would pay that much a month for....I can get Comcast for 39.99 and not have any issues...I was told to go to some play it back website and download my movies from my Firestick to there and watch them later...I can't even find this website to even try to do this...I got so frustrated with all of the excuses that I just told the rep Thank you and hung up...She called me back to assure me that my account had not been cancelled and I told her that I realize that and Thank you again and hung up...I customers are so unhappy with the service that they receive then why not at least give a trial/grace period to try out you service with the ability to cancel with 30 to 60 days instead of locking someone into 2 years  without the possibility of getting out from being locked into a service that does you no good at all...
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

vickyandneal, if you would like help please start your own post at the top of the page where it says "New Post".

If you have cable internet like Comcast available then you should never have chosen satellite internet.

You can watch movies on sites like Netflix but it must be done in standard or low definition, not HD. Watching in HD can use 3 GB per hour.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Debra,

To cancel your service you'll have to call in to our 24/7 support center. 1-866-347-3292 is the number. My case for you to reference when calling in is 101163601. It has directions to waive your ETF. If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris
Debra Strole

A thank you for helping me so Quckly.
Chris11
Alum

Hello Debra,

You're welcome. I hope everything goes well with your next ISP.

- Chris