cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes steals data daily and charges me for it

Advanced Tutor

Re: Hughes steals data daily and charges me for it

I think the OP only has a generator. I'm not sure if this will make troubleshooting harder.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Assistant Professor

OK, was wondering who you were asking since under a sub-thread with Gwalk and I. Should have asked, never mind. Smiley Happy

Amanda.  I went through this sort of thing with your phone support over two days and they came to the conclusion after using more then 1100MB of my data, Brandon suggested that my SAN may not be correct then the second person said she would not help me because I don't have a phone at the house.  I don't know how Hughes can expect someone to spend $3000 to $5000 to install a phone line for their convenience or expect me to pay a premium price for a phone through them that I have no use for.  I don't have a phone for a reason and I don't want one besides the mobile that I can text on, but they refuse to text with me....yet keep professing that they want to help and will do any thing they can.  Also tech support with someone who has a computer with a LAN cable port was also refused. Hughes really doesn't want to help, they like having dissatisfied customers.  So There isn't much that can be done with this problem.  This morning...between 4am and 5am they have me using 137MB of data...I wasn't out of bed, the power was not on, the modem wasn't plugged in the computer wasn't turned on....yet this happens every day.  I hate this company and the daily theft and the lies they have told me over and over and cannot back up. I doubt that this community page can do anything to help. I appreciate those who have tried.

I only just found that out and apologized to the person that thought I was being snappy.  I have given up and there is nothing short of legal action I can do to get the service I am paying for, o yea, install a phone line to the house which I don't need for anything other then to fight withHughes

my history IS deducted from my usage.  I check it regularly, every time I log on and off as I do with the status meter

yes battery back up but don't use it to keep a stupid modem up and running.  Modem is unplugged from the wall...don't want to waste energy.  LAN cable hooked to router, but since the modem has not power by not being plugged in and my power being off the router also doesn't have power so nothing is connected to the internet or the satellite. O computer is also unplugged.  I feel Hughes Net is just a big con and they don't give a rats behind about the customer. I can't wait until my contract is done
Assistant Professor

I'll just say I found a way to leave my modem on through the night when I was off-grid and HughesNet needed it to be on for troubleshooting. Hard to get help if not willing to do what they ask.
Highlighted
Alum

Hi whitedogmum,

The difference here is that we need screenshots to verify what you are experiencing. Without them there is not way of proving that there is data being used based on a fault in our equipment or otherwise. You don't even need to be on the phone to run this simple test. Just take screenshots, which we will then use a reference for our back end checks. We have done this plenty of times and I am sure we can get to the bottom of what is causing your unidentified data usage.

Thanks,
Chris