cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughes voice issue

Hughes voice issue

I had HughesNet installed on December 3, 2015. I also had HughesVoice installed, as cell service at our home is very spotty. I am happy with the internet, but the phone system has been a nightmare. The service worked for 8 hours then was out (no dial tone) for 8 days. After multiple service center calls, the system came on and worked for 4 weeks. Last Sunday afternoon, the service died again. It's been 5 days and counting with no phone. In the six weeks since installation, I have accumulated about 20 case numbers from tech service and have spent probably 12 hours on service calls and chats. I am working with my 3rd ATA box. I cannot get an explanation as to why this service won't work. If it doesn't work at my location that's fine, that's how it goes. I would like to know my options as to cancellation of this HughesVoice service. Would I be subject to an early termination fee for cancelling the phone service only? I intend to keep the internet service.
5 REPLIES 5
Alum

Re: Hughes voice issue

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear of your experience with our VoIP service. Let me take a look into your account and see what we can do for you. All I need is a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. I understand the inconvenience of not having your phone work for long periods of time so we'll make this right. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Hi Chris. My most recent case # is 52071151. I appreciate your offer to help. I'm prett6y much at my wit's end with this problem.
Alum

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for providing a case number. After doing some investigation, I see that our VoIP department has been in contact with you recently, and even tried getting in contact yesterday. I do want our VoIP engineers to continue troubleshooting what you are experiencing. If you were to cancel your voice service there is a cancellation fee at this time. We are willing to drop the fee a bit for the inconvenience. However it seems our engineers should be able to resolve this for you. Their last contact attempt was unsuccessful and they left a message. Hopefully you can link up at at good time that works for you. However you would like to proceed let me know and I will help.

Thank you,
Chris

Hi Chris-
I spoke to someone today and let them know that I was able to get the Voice system working by repeatedly resetting the ATA. Finally it worked. Thanks to your engineers for their efforts. I'm hoping this is the final solution and I can look forward to trouble-free or nearly trouble-free service from here on.
Your answer regarding early termination fee is confusing to me. During my first extended period of difficulty another moderator (Amanda?) said the voice portion could be discontinued without penalty since it was proving so problematic. You're saying something different. Although I have no intention of cancelling the voice system unless it proves to be completely unreliable, I would be curious to know what the early termination fee would be. I know for the entire system the ETF is $400. What would you charge for early termination should these difficulties persist?
Alum

Hi gmb063,

The early termination fee can be waived. In circumstances where we have provided many troubleshooting steps to try to get to a resolution with no success. We typically waive fees. That is why I wanted to give our engineers a chance to get you up and running. If they were unable to, we would definitely consider doing just that. All in all, I'm glad to hear everything is working for you now. Your fee at this moment would be $230. But for every month of service that amount drops by $10. I hope this answers your question. If you have any more feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Chris