cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Crooks or playing dumb?

Re: HughesNet Crooks or playing dumb?

Ricky,

I've just now sent you an e-mail confirmation to your GMail account. Give it a peek and just let me know you've got it.

Thanks!
Amanda
Tutor

Cross posted. I see your post now that you will refund this last months charges. I feel this is the correct thing to do. Thank you. However I must express I feel you had little choice in the public opinion. Your representative posted.......

4:35 PM Summer Hendrix: Thank you so much for waiting Ricky. It shows that your account ended the contract yesterday.

So my contract end date and my billing date is not the same. Don't blow smoke up my a.......Well you know.

Ricky,

We'll have someone sit down and find out where this agent may have gone wrong, but your account's details show your Billing Date and Commitment Date are the same time, we'll send you a couple of shots for your personal records too.

Thanks
Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

I too have had a chance to work closely with the Billing Dept.
It did (with help from ECC) get resolved but there is no way I would ever alter my plan for fear of finding out that instead of going up a level in plans that I ordered an aligator or something being sent by UPS.

No way I'm rocking a boat !
Tutor

I got your email but I does not mean I agree with your words.
Tutor

Your representatives and ECC have to be way out of touch, even many miles away in the parts of the world. Here is what she said....

5:04 PM Summer Hendrix: This refund can only be process through our advance billing department that is why we would like to assign a callback. This is a special promo that is why for cases like this, its only our advance support who handles this.
5:04 PM Summer Hendrix: As much as I would like to process any refund for you, we don't have any capability to do that.

So, Amanda, are you part of the "advance billing department"? I am sure you are not. Even sure you are way above them. This goes to show how your customer service representatives "mislead" the customer. Those of us who do not know about this forum are screwed.
Highlighted

I have been ripped of by your company and I want to know who is running it because I was told when I first signed up I would receive a $100 dollar gift card or a check in time to help me with the holidays well I found out yesterday that I am not qualified to get the Check Or Gift Card So I Want To Know WHY I'm Being RIPPED OFF !!!!

Ricky,

Is your prize winning photo posted somewhere on the net? Those of us who are also photography affectionado's would like to see your work.

I never heard of a hughes.net photo contest, but also did not know of the hughes.net community forum until I started having big slowdowns a few months ago.

Congratulations

Ron

Hi Ricky,

Normally, level 1 representatives can only give you credit to your account. In order to process a refund, our Advanced Billing Department must be contacted and the customer requesting the refund must be on the line - it is just our procedure. This chat representative was correct in saying that we needed to call you in order to give you the refund. Our community is, as you said, higher up on the chain - so we can do a bit more for you. We'll work on giving something to the support centers to better handle questions about the prizes.

Thank you,
Amanda
Tutor

Ron, the contest ended some time ago. However since my contract was not over til' yesterday my free service could not start. I did get my gift cards pretty fast after the contest was over. You can find the winning photos at the link below.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/announcing_the_winners_of_our_the_places_you_call...