Did you mean: 

HughesNet Crooks or playing dumb?

Re: HughesNet Crooks or playing dumb?

Thanks Rick.

I figured that was you!

Ron

Hi Frances,

We've tried to reach out to you about this and another concern you've had in the past - we just need a little more information to get started. Here is the link to your individual topic: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/problems-so-soon-after-i-was-connected-with-hughe...

Thanks
Amanda
Tutor

Amanda, I just checked my account and this is what I found. It seems I now owe $77.32. Now how did that happen. Please call me at the number you have on file today, please.

Thank you,

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

The $77.32 is actually a credit - looking at your account I am not quite sure who added it. You're welcomed to hang on to it, there is no point is us reversing the credit. Let us know if you need anything else!

Thanks
Amanda
Tutor

Well it seems, and was confirmed by Michelle, that HughesNet is watching my post. Less then a half hour after posting this Michelle was on the phone to me. The call came from Germantown or at least the caller ID area code would indicate that. I would even venture to say it was less then 15 mins. before they were on the phone. She tells me that the snippet that I show above is actually a credit. I wonder where the - sign is that normally indicates a credit? You see they tell me that apparently 2 people put a credit on my account. Not sure how that happened. I am sure Amanda had her ducks in line so where did the other credit come from? According to the transcript above someone would have to call me to apply the credit. No one did. She told me that the () around the amount indicates a credit. Well okay if you say so. She then gave me a option to leave that credit on my account. Heck what was I going to say, no? hahaha. Hughesnet you really need to get your representatives educated. It seems that at least this time, again, they have cost you money. That type of errors cost all of us more money in the end. Michelle asked me if there was anything else she could do and I expressed to her I wanted her to post HughesNet's reply or position on this community. She said she would have someone do that. As of the time of this post, which is at least 45 mins after my original post they have not posted. It is more then 30 mins. since her phone call. I feel that is plenty of time since they were on the phone less then 15 mins. after my last post.

It just does not make any sense to screw around with the customer. Unless the goal is to confuse and get over on the not so informed consumer.

Franc, when dealing with HughesNet you have to keep detailed notes. They have shown in the past to screw the customer big time. The representative I spoke with was in line with what I just posted, until I proved her wrong with case and order numbers.

Our team is more then ready to answer questions or help with your Hughesnet case at www.ricksyakshack.com Visit us and ask your questions or get more information on how your system works. It is totally free.

Rick
Tutor

Amanda, you are one on the best on here now, if not the best. Don't tell me you don't know who applied that credit. No way you can not tell who did it. Heck it cost HN money. I bet you can figure that out.

Hi Ricky,

To be straight with you, as I am with everyone... There is a tally that shows us who puts what on the account. Unless its added by some type of automatic computer code, the person who added the credit shows up next to the amount. A support rep did add notes to your account today, so it might have been them - then again $77 is an odd amount I can admit. Either this was automated, or there is some delay in the report showing who added the credit. We're watching your account before your next billing date, so if it shows who did it, I'll let you know.

Thanks
Amanda

Ricky,

Just want to cover all the bases here and make sure I've given you as much info as I can. Seems that we cross posted by a couple of minutes and I'm sorry I took a while (we're always working, even if you don't see us...)

We don't want to confuse anyone, and part of the reason for having this community is to educate as many customers and potential customers about our service and what we have to offer as a community. I know personally that your YakShack has been an asset and that you've been able to help people out. Our community may have been here for quite some time now, but we are still growing and putting together as much helpful content as possible. For now, you might only find some of this content in our community, but we've been making efforts to extend our helping hands further down the chain. Give us some time and you'll really like what you see. I hope you know that I am always here to lend a hand, as is the rest of our Community team.

I hope you have a great weekend and holidays coming up - don't forget to snap a pic of some turkey or pumpkin pie next week and drop an entry into the contest Smiley Happy

Thanks
Amanda
Tutor

Thanks for opening this thread back up to posting by myself.
Tutor

Credit on my credit card has been received. Thank you.