cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

Highlighted
New Poster

HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

I've been trying for 3+ weeks to get a problem resolved and nothing!

Online techs are worthless liars [aka **bleep**ed parrots] who can't answer straight forward questions!

Engineers are incompetent or just don't give a **bleep** about fixing things and they sure as **bleep** don't ever call you back, leave a message with number and extension, and obviously to lazy to send an email!

I found a bug in the online account registration, if you upgrade your plan or add any additional services, it screws up your account and will no longer access your account information.  Instead, the only thing displayed is "Invalid OpenID or Credentials."

I can't even get a straight answer to my HughesNet Voice order status which was 3+ weeks ago so who knows what the deal with that is!  At this point, I don't even want it since HughesNet has no customer service thats worth a **bleep**!

Thinking about turning a lawyer loose on them.  I'm sick of their **bleep**, lies, and clearly fraud!

**bleep**, during certain times of the day, speeds are at dial-up or connection times out and this is a Gen5 system!  I'm not going to pay $100+ a month for dial-up speeds because I already had that with Frontier DSL and that was only $9.99 a month!

38 REPLIES
Teaching Assistant

Re: HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

Well.....cursing certainly helps doesn't it. Feel better?

New Poster

Those weren't curse words.  Apparently, the forum word censor list includes all words that might hurt a Snowflake's feelings!

Senior Instructor

Sorry to say, but, anyone including children can access this website, such language and insults to anyone, or any entity will not be tolerated here.

Senior Instructor

@WeaverCattleCo

You could have posted your issues in a mature manner.

In addition to violating the Community Guidelines, this is a public site, as has been noted.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
TG2
New Poster

Hello Weaver, 

I see you're having issues, as do many with customer service. But I have to be honest. I've have zero complaints with customer service since 2012, when I got Hughesnet. I've only had to call them about three times, and all issues were resolved with no problem. I think once there was a telephone issue. As if the connection was bad, but I guess I've just had good luck. Keep the faith and hoepfully things will get resolved soon. And TBH, as for a lawyer, my guess is it would cost you a lot more than just canceling the service. And I'd post your issue in the tech section. There are a bunch of good people here who will go out of their way to help. I've read several hundred posts and they have helped me a lot. Recently I've been having uplink issues. Found some YouTube vids on how to many adjust my dish, and I actually believe I've solved the problem. I'll continue to test my connection over the next few days to be sure. 

Two pieces of advice if I may. First, keep a level head, post your issue and ask for help, and be patient. It might take a while. Second, and most important, always use a credit card and not directly linked to a bank account. I've read times where it sounded as if if there was some financial wrong doings going on. It's easier to cancel a credit card than your bank account. No business is perfect, some will slip through the cracks. Hope this helps a little. 

Senior Instructor

TG2 wrote:

Found some YouTube vids on how to many adjust my dish, and I actually believe I've solved the problem. I'll continue to test my connection over the next few days to be sure. 

Just a little info.  Though your issue may be, or may have been, related to the aiming of your dish, re-aiming it yourself is advised against, and for two reasons.  One, it could actually make the problem(s) worse, or it could actually create additional issues if it turns out that the original issue wasn't related to aiming.  And two, if, in fact, you continue to have problems and it's determined by a diagnostics check that the dish needs to be re-aimed, by having previously done so yourself, it's entirely possible that you may have to pay for a tech visit when you may not have had to before.  There are user friendly things that can be done when people have various issues, but the re-aiming of the dish isn't one of them.   

For those reasons, and especially the second one, I truly hope that it did fix your issue.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

WeaverCattleCo wrote:

Those weren't curse words.  Apparently, the forum word censor list includes all words that might hurt a Snowflake's feelings!

As one of the people who helped create that list, I will take that as a compliment! Snowflakes are beautiful and unique! 

Regardless, your initial post did turn out to be a bit of a bleeped out mess. Can you explain what concerns you are having again, exactly?

Thank you,

Amanda

New Poster

@TG2

While I appreciate the advice, this isn't my first rodeo Smiley Happy

I've had satellite internet since the days of DirecPC [one-way] ... DirecWay [two-way] ... and HughesNet for a while till DSL came along and out-performed it [3Mbps] with no data caps (that was till Verizon dumped all its DSL customers onto Frontier and overloaded the network).  I use to be an IT administrator for a big name tire company before taking over the family business so I know my way around computers and networking!

I've also installed and maintained all my sat systems till this new Gen5 system which I done all the installation work except for the pointing of the dish and I supervised that process which was a cakewalk.  The HughesNet dealer tried to hire me several times because I do excellent work but $120 an install in my opinion at my age isn't worth wasting my time on plus I wouldn't feel right install this system for anyone seeing how customer service is non-existent in my opinion Smiley Surprised)

My sat signal is 105 and up [varies a little based on weather].  Trust me, its not a dish pointing issue, the hardware and signal are just fine.

My average speeds are 35+Mbps [peak speeds during off-hours at closer to 48Mbps] ... only during a certain time of the day does it slow!  It maybe that particular website server too and it not being able to handle peak traffic.

I can't resolve the account problem on my end, it has to been a account server issue because the other accounts are accessible which tells me its not a website problem!  Only problem is the engineers don't call back and techs lie repeatedly and won't answer simple straightforward questions.

I've duplicated the glitch over and over yet no one seems to be able to address the issue!  I surely don't want to delete the email account and create a new one because then I have the task on updating every since website accounts with the new address which takes about an hour to complete!

... and yeah, I've known about using a credit card for a long time.  Gives you another recourse for action with fraudulent companies Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Senior Instructor

@WeaverCattleCo

You may want to indicate who you are replying to, as your replies look as if they're to everyone or no one in particular.  

Secondly, Amanda is an official rep.  Instead of screaming at her, it would be more mature of you to calmly state your issues.  There's no reason to be screaming at anyone.