cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

Freshman

Re: HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

@GabeU

I replied to her directly and I'm not typing in all CAPS hence I'm not screaming at anyone Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Distinguished Professor IV

First, to help indicate who you are replying to, as, again, your replies don't appear to be to anyone, regardless of whether you intended them to be, type an @ symbol and choose the name, or simply type their name.  

Secondly, constant exclamation points are basically screaming, CAPS or not.  No need for it.  

Good luck to you.  

@WeaverCattleCo  - like so

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

@GabeU

Its not a dish pointing error, my signal is 105+ and for your information I done 99% of the install except for the dish pointing which is quite easily done with nothing more than a cellphone which was surprising seeing how when I quit I was using a really expensive AI SuperBuddy meter Smiley Happy

I started installing internet sat dishes in the late 90's, its not rocket science.

Freshman

@GabeU

Well, most forum software takes care of that for you when you post a reply.  Sorry, I wasn't aware that the replies weren't attaching the username in the reply.

TG2
Sophomore

It fixed the issue as of now @GabeU. I have a dial indicator type wrench so the adjustment that I made could be returned to the exact position.
But all in all, if this doesn't fix the issue, I'd have to pay for a tech visit anyways. Figured I at least try myself, can't lose for trying.
After the small adjustment, I was getting 17mbps while downloading a patch for a ps4 game. And I did the highest speed test via my wireless router. So I'll keep my fingers crossed, and let ya know if anything happens. Thanks for the advice.
Distinguished Professor IV

@TG2

Again, hopefully it did fix the issue.  But, how long have you had Hughesnet?  If it hasn't been all that long, and something like a dish pointing needs to be done, they will sometimes do it without a fee.  That, of course, isn't guaranteed, but I've seen them do that before.  

I think the biggest indicator would be the uplink errors you were showing being gone, more than the speed improvements, as the latter can fluctuate regardless of signal strength (though it can certainly be affected).  

Whatever the case, as long as it works, that's what counts, and I hope it continues to do so for you without issue.  Smiley Happy 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

@TG2

Excellent ... all you need to do is make a "witness mark" on the pole and dish mount if you don't have meter to return it to its original position.

Here's a better idea through, use a laptop or your smartphone and enter the 192.168.0.1 address to enter into the modems interface which displays the sat signal then make your adjustments to azimuth, elevation, and shew till the signal peaks out.  This is what the old DirecWay OPI and HughesNet DAPT pointing device use.

You can also get the azimuth, elevation, and shew settings using sat pointing software ... just pick the satellite your want and it spits out the numbers [Gen5 97.1 Echostar-19]

Its not rocket science and the installers are just using the modem's wifi signal to do the samething when pointing it [hope I don't get screamed at for posting that info ... lol] Smiley Happy

Freshman

@TG2

Here's something to think about if you have anymore signal issues!

Most installers only use Snap-N-Seal type coax connects and if those aren't done right, they leak moisture over time into the connection and there it corrodes the copper conductor over time and will slowly but surely kill your sat signal!

When I was an installer [DirecTV, Dish, DirecPC, DirecWay, HughesNet], I put dielectric grease in the coax connectors to prevent this from ever being a problem [No callbacks!].

Even the installer who put my Gen5 system in failed to do this!  So basically if the connector ever loses its seal your up the creek without a paddle and get to pay a tech to come fix something that they screwed up to begin with.

Unplug your modem and unscrew the coax connections and make sure they aren't corroded!  Bear in mind this takes time and usually only presents a problem when the weather gets wet & cold out.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Wont get screamed at for pointing out how installers typically perform the install.  However, it's not permitted for untrained customers to point their dish, and this isn't just a Hughesnet policy, it's against F.C.C. rules and policies for anyone not trained to perform any pointing of a two-way communications dish.

Anyways, to get back on topic, @WeaverCattleCo you're basically just getting an OpenID error?  Do you get it on all your accounts when you log in?  If that is the case, Amanda can forward your account details to the appropriate people when shes back in the office and try to get the issue cleared up.  Hughesnet worked the issue out for the most part some time ago, however, in some random isolated cases they need to make manual adjustments on an account to prevent the error from occuring.

Freshman

@C0RR0SIVE

Hate to burst your bubble but the F©© myth has been floating around for decades [and I started working with satellite dishes [C-Band] in the late 80s]!  If you can find the exact F©© regulation that prevents someone from pointing a sat dish then please post it here Smiley Happy

I know HughesNet won't authorize an account unless your have an installer number.

Also, certain companies sell mobile Gen5 systems that anyone can buy, assemble, point, etc. in the field if need be.  All that is required is a little test that teaches you how to point the dish correctly and that's it.  You aren't registered with the F©© but you are registered as having a mobile account Smiley Surprised

Also, when the HughesNet dealer tried to hire me (repeatedly), all I had to be was go out on a few calls [and not get paid], prove I knew what I was doing, take a HughesNet installer test, get my installer number, and that was it [No F©© Registration].