HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

New Poster

Re: HughesNet Customer Service Sucks!

@BirdDog

Thanks for the PDF link but I already had it Smiley Happy

New Poster

@BirdDog

I'm familar with the OPI, DAPT, DAPT2, and the Squinters (even "E" for Gen5).

Highlighted
Spectator

Right now their 'Hold Time' and their internet speed sucks. I have been on hold waiting to talk to someone for 36 minutes. My internet speed has got gradually worse over the last few weeks and I am a fairly new customer. Today it was 0.24 mbps. I don't expect 20 mbps ALL the time as I know speeds vary. Last night I had to walk away from Netflix as it kept buffering. I can't watch a You Tube video without it constantly stopping..... so I am not happy right now. 

@WeaverCattleCo

I'll try and dumb this down for you. Since you think all of us Hughesnet installers are high school drop outs. When you are pointing.  You are only seeing the SQF of the downlink. How can you tell what the SQF is of the uplink when you are pointing? I'll give you a hint.  You can't, with any device other then running OVT.   And only Hughes techs can run OVT. So you have no way of knowing for sure that your Dish is pointed properly.

New Poster

@HappyOrNot

Speed isn't an issue for me and I feel for you.  More than likely, just like Exede, the spotbeam your on is probably overloaded.  I know they stopped signing up people in my area due to everyone's speeds operating at or near dail-up!

Good luck getting anyone from HughesNet to fix it ... they seem more content to argue if you rather than fix the problem!

New Poster

@gokartergo24

Take a college class in Logic ... I didn't say "all" nor do you know what I think Smiley Happy

You sure about that ... if that's so important to the installation process then please dumb it down for me according to you how the mobile account customers ever get their dish pointed since only techs have access to the OVT ... lol

Because they are given a tech number to allow them to use Oasis  That allows them to move it...  Stop thinking you know everthing.  You sure has heck don't.  And why are you posting on other forums that E19 is over sold.. What proof of that do you have? It is not even close to being over sold.
Senior Instructor

From my understanding, even mobile accounts still have to call if they change location in order to get the system to allow them to hop between beams.

True.