cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Data Management Tips 'n Tricks - How To Eliminate Phantom Data Loss

Re: HughesNet Data Management Tips 'n Tricks - How To Eliminate Phantom Data Loss

aztmsniper wrote:

Before switching to Gen 4 it worked perfectly and we had no complaints.  (yes I know your computer says we are Gen 3. It is wrong.)  Since switching to Gen 4 it is hit and miss

Do you have a white modem, or a gray modem?

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Freshman

Re: HughesNet Data Management Tips 'n Tricks - How To Eliminate Phantom Data Loss

Now thats a question I haven't been asked!  The modem is white.

aztmsniper wrote:

The modem is white.

Oh boy, you're gonna love this... Smiley Happy

1. First go here: https://www.hughesnet.com/get-started/how-to-buy/find-dealer
  2. Put in your full address
  3. Find a local Retailer near you, check their references, and call them
  4. Tell them you're waaay overdue for an upgrade to Gen5
  5. Celebrate finally getting real Internet tumblr_n4iuliOlHb1tziei6o1_500

Freshman

Thanks for your interest but with all the added equipment costs. We will pass on the upgrade.

If you're out of contract, then your upfront upgrade cost is $0 on the lease option.

If you're leasing the gear, then your lease fee goes up by $5/mo. 

If you're already paying to get Internet by satellite, then sticking with the older Spaceway gear you have now will only keep you tied to much poorer, slower Internet service with less data.

$65/mo (including the lease fee) gets you 25 Mbps down, 3 Mbps up, ~1 Mbps unlimited, 10 GB daytime, and 50 GB nightime. 

Spectator

I had same problem.  Go to your task manager, open up Processes, and see if you have following running:

http://www.file.net/process/iastordatamgrsvc.exe.html

If you do, go to programs on computer, and delete this. Your usage will drop significantly.

Spectator

Look into this link:

http://www.file.net/process/iastordatamgrsvc.exe.html

I eliminated this program under add and delete programs and nearly all of my data loss disappeared. Give it a shot. Hughs were no help at all. Discoverd my self by watching what processes were running in the task manager.

Spectator

I will try this.  After hours on the phone trying to get through the crappy IVR and then actually spoke to a person (who is barely understandable), tech support is less than helpful. I also looking for a new ISP - any suggestions.  The customer services is horrible!

Spectator

Same here...and Hughesnet techs are of zero help! They can't tell me anything. They are a ripoff and stealing my money!
Freshman