cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet - Free At Last

Highlighted

HughesNet - Free At Last

Free At Last. HughesNet is by far the worst internet service I have ever experienced. I spent 1 very long and frustrating year working with this slow and sometimes impossible internet service and have bit the bullet, paid the $200.00 cancellation fee and moved on to the Windstream wireless network. I wish I had done this 11 months ago. I have documented several times on this community site some of my many frustrations with HughesNet. They are not limited to the service which is itself very slow, is for all practical purposes impossible to stream with and when that does by some miracle work, it sucks up your allotted usage like water through a sieve. My 10 gb monthly allotment was good for streaming maybe 5 movies, that is if I was willing to sit around and watch a fuzzy picture that rebuffers every 5 minutes. Then there is the ridiculous 50 gb "bonus time" that you have to use between 2am and 8am. Get real. As I have noted in previous posts on this site, my real concern with this internet service is with the company itself. They include purchasing one internet package and being charged for a totally different package, then have that package changing with every new monthly bill. It got so bad they eventually started adding a mysterious telephone charge to my bill. When I thought I finally got this corrected (which wasn't easy and required discussions with the home office on the east coast), I find on my next bill a $200.00 cancellation fee added to the bill. Bottom line, I am surprised these people are still in business. Well anyway, I am happy to say sayonara, adios, hasta la vista,  adeus, au devoir, arrivederci, la revedereauf, tot ziens, farvel, hejda, totsiens, do svidaniya, dovidenja, sbohem, joigin, auf wiedersehen and aloha to HughesNet
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HughesNet - Free At Last

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations, Mr. Noonan, and wish you the best with your new ISP.

Goodbye,

Amanda
1 REPLY 1

Re: HughesNet - Free At Last

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations, Mr. Noonan, and wish you the best with your new ISP.

Goodbye,

Amanda