cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Tier 4 support refused to help with unusual high latency problem

Professor

Re: HughesNet Tier 4 support refused to help with unusual high latency problem

Has HughesNet made any offers to you? (discounts, for example)

@lighthope1 wrote:

I have several tools to measure latency. Some are in-programme, some are from testmy.net, some from other stand-alone mesurement tools.

The report goes to HughesNet corporate and will also be published publicly.  I have kept a written log of every interaction I have had regarding this issue including the names of people.  I will be naming names, both of those who have been helpful and those who have not been.

HughesNet can decide if this has been acceptable customer service or not.  And, of course, others can as well.

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

From the look of it....

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Tier-4-support-refused-to-help-with-unusua...

"I see that our representatives have already applied a monthly discount to your account, as a form of compensation. Currently, this is the extent of what can be done."

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

No they have not.  Not for this issue anyway.
@maratsade wrote:

@lighthope1 wrote:

I have several tools to measure latency. Some are in-programme, some are from testmy.net, some from other stand-alone mesurement tools.

The report goes to HughesNet corporate and will also be published publicly.  I have kept a written log of every interaction I have had regarding this issue including the names of people.  I will be naming names, both of those who have been helpful and those who have not been.

HughesNet can decide if this has been acceptable customer service or not.  And, of course, others can as well.

Junior

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

From the look of it....

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Tier-4-support-refused-to-help-with-unusua...

"I see that our representatives have already applied a monthly discount to your account, as a form of compensation. Currently, this is the extent of what can be done."

In the very next post, I stated that the discount applied was for "the months of detrmental speeds (400K mbps was the lowest recorded speed), and had nothing to do with the high latency that is being experienced now".

So no, I have received no compensation for the high latency spikes.

Distinguished Professor IV

@lighthope1 wrote: 

In the very next post, I stated that the discount applied was for "the months of detrmental speeds (400K mbps was the lowest recorded speed), and had nothing to do with the high latency that is being experienced now".

So no, I have received no compensation for the high latency spikes.

My mistake.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

Thank you, Lighthope.  Earlier on in the thread, you had posted that "I also tried the command prompt ping test. That comes out at 600ms fairly consistently. So now we have to ask the question: Why does a ping test come with low ping, but streaming data have such problems."

Are there specific pages (like the ones you had linked to upthread) that have issues loading, or does everything load slowly or fail to load?

ETA: you don't have to respond if you don't want to.  I'm just curious, as a subscriber, about the experiences of fellow subscribers. 

@lighthope1 wrote:

No they have not.  Not for this issue anyway.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

So now we have to ask the question: Why does a ping test come with low ping, but streaming data have such problems."

...CenturyLink's sporadic 1-minute(+) drop outs. I see it all the time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

It wasn't me asking the question, @MarkJFine .  I was quoting Lighthope. Smiley Happy

Edit: but it does appear that CL is right messed up. 

Assistant Professor

I know... was just reinforcing my earlier comment that others don't want to accept.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

While we're discussing this, just got this error from my server's cron:

Fatal error: Uncaught cURL Lib: [28] Operation timed out after 59999 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (TwitterOAuth\Exception\CurlException) thrown in /usr/home/xxxx/xxxx/vendor/ricardoper/twitteroauth/src/Common/Curl.php on line 130

I get one of these every time my bot fails to connect to Twitter on just a few hops via CenturyLink.