cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet Tier 4 support refused to help with unusual high latency problem

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HughesNet Tier 4 support refused to help with unusual high latency problem

@lighthope1 

I think the problem you're going to have is that you're dismissive of anything anyone tells you, even when factual, if it doesn't fit the narrative you've invested in, which is that the problem is HughesNet's and that need to fix it.  The issue is out of their control.

Good luck to you.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

@GabeU wrote:

@lighthope1 

I think the problem you're going to have is that you're dismissive of anything anyone tells you, even when factual, if it doesn't fit the narrative you've invested in, which is that the problem is HughesNet's and that need to fix it.  The issue is out of their control.

Good luck to you.

What issue?  HughesNet says there is no issue.  That it's normal and to be expected.

Good luck to these HughesNet employees if their manager ever sees how they addressed this problem.

Junior

Still no contact from HughesNet.  No data suggesting that there is any follow-through or investigation into extremely high latency spikes.

Still getting 10K+ latency spikes.  Facebook won't load.  (Though Facebook has its own issues.  It's so full of bloat and spyware, likely it is timing out due to this latency problem.)

I'll give this some extra time before I file my written report to see if they actually do anything.  Giving every chance possible.

Professor

Where are you getting your latency measurements?  And where do you plan to file your written report?

@lighthope1 

If you're still subject to the two year agreement, have they offered to allow you to cancel without penalty?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

@maratsade wrote:

Where are you getting your latency measurements?  And where do you plan to file your written report?

I have several tools to measure latency. Some are in-programme, some are from testmy.net, some from other stand-alone mesurement tools.

The report goes to HughesNet corporate and will also be published publicly.  I have kept a written log of every interaction I have had regarding this issue including the names of people.  I will be naming names, both of those who have been helpful and those who have not been.

HughesNet can decide if this has been acceptable customer service or not.  And, of course, others can as well.

Junior

@GabeU wrote:

@lighthope1 

If you're still subject to the two year agreement, have they offered to allow you to cancel without penalty?

I am not subject to it; I've long past it.

Sadly, there is no other internet service in the area.  I can't hit Viasat's satellite because of trees and there is no cell service in the area.

Belive me, if there was any other option, HughesNet would be far in my rearview mirror.

Junior

The point is that bad service should not just be "accepted".  We shouldn't learn to live with things that can be addressed but aren't because they know they are a monopoly, because someone is bad at their job, or if someone outright lies about something so as to not take responsibility.

I'm not talking about people who don't understand satellite.  I see a lot of posts from people who burn through their data either from downloading huge movies or because they have devices that suck up data.  I'm not talking about people who don't understand latency and the fact that the satellite is 20K+ miles out there and it takes time for a signal to travel.

What I am talking about is bad data management, bad trafficing, and other issues that are real and either are in the pervue of HughesNet or shoud at least be acknowledged.  I posted very recently about the trouble CenturyLink is giving HughesNet.  Even others have posted about it.  But as we have seen, HughesNet won't even acknowledge that.  Talk about head-in-the-sand!

When HughesNet or anyone has a problem, ignoring it doesn't make it go away.  And accepting it doesn't make it better.

We should never become someone who accepts poor service.  That just encourages more poor service.

For over2 months when I log in I do not get myhughesnet. It comes up every time as myaccount. I can accomplish nothing from there. I have called..texted....live chatted. I've been assured it would be corrected. Nothing haas changed. I am more than angry. Will contact AT&T to change providers. I have had Hughes over 9 years

@WLP36 

Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with lighhope's.  Please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.  

It may also help to post links so it's a little more clear as to what's going on.  Signing into where?  What site does it end up on?  Those links.