cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet & Endicia servers

Highlighted

HughesNet & Endicia servers

I have just replaced my HughesNet’s WiFi modem with the hope of resolving the following problem. After a recent Windows running an MRT update on my desktop system running Win 8.1 (all current updates), I can no longer connect to my Endicia web account. Endicia is a web based USPS postal service. After finishing the new modem’s installation the same problem/problems exist!

Please reply, IF, there’s any suggestions as to a fix, PLEASE!

As an aside: I can unplug the HughesNet modem, use my iPhone’s HotSpot on AT&T’s LTE network with immediate connection to Endicia’s servers!!!
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor III

Re: HughesNet & Endicia servers

@darelh 

Though there's no guarantee that this will help, you can try flushing your computer's DNS cache to see if it might help.  To do so, first unplug the HughesNet modem.  Then, start your computer's command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns", without the quotes, and hit enter.  And there IS a space between g and /.  After the success message, close the command prompt and shut your computer down.  Plug in the HughesNet modem, wait at least five minutes, then start your computer and try again.  

Again, there is no guarantee that this will help, but it's possible that your system has gotten a faulty DNS address for the Endicia server while using HughesNet and it's causing the problem, whereas the DNS address for Endicia while using alternate internet service may be correct, so it's working the way it should.

It's worth a shot.  Again, I don't know if it will help, but I hope it does.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit