Hughesnet Community

HughesNet emails are NOT getting delivered to AOL users. Is anyone else having this problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanLan
Sophomore

HughesNet emails are NOT getting delivered to AOL users. Is anyone else having this problem?

AOL emails are getting delivered to my HughesNet email, but if I reply or send a HughesNet email to an AOL address, it never gets delivered. I believe this just started this week? Please advise.

36 REPLIES 36

Any updates on this?  We use our HughesNet email for our small business and it is paralyzing us.  Invoices and emails regarding orders are NOT going through.  I received bouncebacks this morning for emails (can't tell WHICH email) to a customer on Friday.

We've lost revenue due to this. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Damian's last communication about this was he was going to update the OP when there were updates. Since he hasn't, there may be no updates yet. Damian is usually here after 5 pm. 

You could send him a private message, too. 

Can also set up a seperate email system with whomever hosts your website for your business.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

On my end, I sent a test email earlier today from my HugheNet email to my AOL email, and it went THRU within 2 minutes! Fingers crossed it is fixed....

Yahoo emails are still being rejected. I got a notice 2 hrs ago that I had one rejected.

I'm on the line with technical support and they are NOT understanding me.  They keep testing my internet connection and saying I'm operational.

I try to tell them it's my emails that are NOT being received....and technical support doesn't understand my issue.  It doesn't matter what internet provider I log onto my email account with, it doesn't work.  They don't seem to have access or knowledge that this is a known issue.

Hughenet moderators...please help!  

I am also still having issues. Emails from my Hughesnet email to Yahoo email addresses are still being rejected by Yahoo. I did have a successful email sent to an AOL user a few days ago. I'm not sure if Comcast is still rejecting mine -I haven't sent one lately. These issues have come and gone in the past - tech support personnel should be made aware of these issues, so as not to waste our time trying to come up with other reasons for the problems.

Seems the issue is persistent...One day it works, the next day it doesn't. I had emails delivered successfully to AOL and Yahoo users the other day, and now the emails are not getting delivered. Why is this continuing to happen?

This is now a nightmare.  I called support.  The first person didn't understand what was I was saying.  (Tested my internet service and said there are no issues)

I tried to explain that this was an EMAIL issue regardless of what ISP I am using.  He didn't understand.  He finally transferred me to someone else.  That person said he'd open a case.  I said I understood that perhaps this was a known issue to Hughes.  No response.  He then went on to tell me that their system was down and he was unable to help me and couldn't give me a prognosis for correction.  He also told me I can call back for status.  SIGH.

I tried to email today to several different addresses.  Aol.com; comcast.net, sbcglobal.net,  gmail, and my personal work email.  The work email is the only one that went through.  

I'd simply stop using this email address, but we are a small business where customers know it -- changing isn't as simple as all of that.  Sigh again.  

maratsade

All of you  may want to wait until a HughesNet rep on this site replies to your posts.  

I would love to have a HughesNet rep weigh in again. It's been 2-3 weeks since we have had any response. Is this problem limited to just a handful of us and, if so, what is different about our circumstances than everyone else with a Hughesnet email address? @Damian 

maratsade

I don't know that they're going to tell you how many people are affected or why they are.  I'm not affected, but then again, I only use HN email for notifications, and I have all emails to my HN account forwarded to another account (and haven't had problems with that).  It's likely only some accounts are experiencing the issue. 

Susan Grant Gil wrote:

I would love to have a HughesNet rep weigh in again. It's been 2-3 weeks since we have had any response. Is this problem limited to just a handful of us and, if so, what is different about our circumstances than everyone else with a Hughesnet email address? 

@SanLan,

To address your concerns along with everyone else's on this thread, I am double-checking with our email admins for updates on this situation. I understand this is an inconvenience, but we are doing our best to fix this. In the meantime, I recommend forwarding your emails to a different address and responding to them there. You can also keep a copy of the emails on our webmail server until this is fixed. Instructions on how to do this can be found by visiting https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/Is-it-possible-to-auto-forward-Hughes-email.... I will post again once I have updates from our email admins.  

-Damian   

Damian,

Thank you for your reply on this.  For me it's more than an inconvience, it's a loss of revenue.  

As far as the suggestion to forward our emails to a different address....that isn't a viable solution when THOSE emails don't go through. 

Thank you for your diligence with this and we look forward to a resolution soon. 

@SanLan,

We have received an update stating that our e-mail admins are still working on this issue, however, this takes an enormous effort behind the scenes so there is no immediate or simple fix. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause. It is a gradual process with no ETA, so please adjust accordingly, especially if you are relying on your e-mail for business. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I will post here again when this has been fully resolved. 

-Damian 

Thank you @Damian  for keeping us updated.