cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet in breach of contract for Gen5 users.

Freshman

Re: HughesNet in breach of contract for Gen5 users.

I think you are looking at it wrong.  If the service is not provided, you don't pay for it.  Why should Hughesnet get a pass.  I certainly do not have a problem not paying HughesNet and seeing where it goes.

bsmcarthy,

I've located your account and will be running diagnostics to see if we can locate any problems. In the meantime, can you give me an idea of what sorts of online activities you do or would like to do on the service? How many and what types of devices do you have connected wired/wirelessly to the HughesNet Wi-Fi modem?

Thank you,

Amanda

Freshman

It is sad. The Tech on the phone couldn't help me and my emails go unanswered. I am shopping for another provider. I am near 70 and on Soc. Sec., good luck on the $400 etf. All i asked for was some help with this slow internet. Re: Mike

Distinguished Professor III

@mikehvac

To get individual help with your issue you should create a new topic.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi bsmcarthy,

After running diagnostics I could not find any problems with the HughesNet equipment. A connectivity test showed that there are 2 Apple TVs connected to the HT2000W by wi-fi. There is also a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk connected on the LAN port. If the Netgear router has the wi-fi bands turned on, this is definitely going to cause an interference problem with the HT2000W, because our modem's wi-fi is still enabled. This will be a problem, even more so, if the wireless frequencies are trying to use the same channel. 

I understand that you cancelled your service already, but since it is going to remain online until the end of your billing cycle, it may be worth a try to power off the Netgear router entirely and see if that makes a difference. Please note that if you have Video Data Saver enabled on your account and have manually set your Apple TVs to stream in a high definition, you will experience buffering. You can eliminate that issue by disabling the Video Data Saver feature on your HughesNet account, but please note this will use up your monthly data faster than lower definitions.

Since you have already ordered the cancellation, I am not sure if the technician will still go out, but if he does I would like to set the expectation with you that from my investigation here, there is nothing the technician would be able to do with the HughesNet equipment to resolve your concerns. The dish is pointed well and the modem is performing as it should. 

Thank you,

Amanda