cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet is one of the worst internet services I have had.

HughesNet is one of the worst internet services I have had.

HughesNet is one of the worst internet services I have had. I had it for almost two months now. I'm glade to say the come the 13th of this month it is getting removed. I have the pro plan witch offers 65GB of data per month. With speeds of 10mbps down and 2bps up. For $80 per month. Witch I thought was a good deal. So I got the service. Thin I found out that its 15gb of anytime and 50gb of bonus bytes (2am-8am). I go through 15gb in less thin 2 weeks, and no one is up between 2-8am to use the 50gb of bonus bytes. Plus I have not gotten the full 10mbps speed yet. Thin when I call to cancel my service they charge me $400 to turn the internet off plus I have to take down the satellite myself and send back a peace of it along with the modem. Plus there customer service is really bad. when I called them about a problem I had the one girl didn't seem to know what she was doing so I asked for a supervisor and she wouldn't transfer me to one till I told her I would hangup and call back latter. I would not recommend getting HughesNet as your internet service.
6 REPLIES 6
Alum

Re: HughesNet is one of the worst internet services I have had.

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us. Have you already canceled your service? We certainly understand the frustration of being misled, and I'd like to look further into your concerns. With a recent case number or the serial number of the HughesNet modem(if you still have it) we'll be able to pull up your account. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris

case# 52021499
yes i canceled the service. and i told the person they weren't authorized to charge my card but they did. 

When you started service with hughes you gave them permission to bill the card on file. 

http://legal.hughesnet.com/ForYourHome.cfm

i told them to remove the card. and that they were no longer authorized.

any ways its over now and i have a better provider. 
Alum

Hi Charles,

Thanks for posting with your case number. I do see that you already processed the cancellation. I'm sorry we were not able to meet your expectations and hope that everything goes well with your new provider. 

- Chris