HughesNet nightmare

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratbag
Freshman

HughesNet nightmare

Someone please tell me that this is a nightmare and when I wake up everything will be normal. WiFi doesn't work, internet slow, tech support is no support, they hang, chat send you to disconnect all your items connected to WiFi and you tell him you disabled then I run around and he disconnects me from chat, no respect to the disabled, consumer support needs to speak english, on hold forever, I have sent multiple e-mails, not i can't even connect to chat and I finally got e-mails and they want me to call customer support. I feel like a dog chasing my own tail. And I have only had service since 9/17/18. I called to have my service disconnected and was told I couldn't until after 2 years. What do you do with this company do they purposely take pleasure in driving people to the brink of insanity and suicide. 

14 REPLIES 14
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Ratbag

As has been suggested, if you would like help with the issue(s) you're experiencing please start a new topic in Tech Support.  

Been there done that about 15 times. Please no more speed check, it's the wifi doesn't work unless you stand in front of the modem and the it still runs very, very, very, very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,very,sloooooow.

rollerman1887
New Poster

Report them to the better business bureau
GabeU

@rollerman1887 wrote:

Which succeeds in nothing more than the customer being cut off from any help from HughesNet for 30 days and the burreau, during that time, doing exactly what could have been done here.  But, everyone is free to do as they like.  

maratsade

It's odd how people think that agency is a government agency, when in fact they're nothing more than a rating agency that can only serve as an intermediary between the customer and the company, and the intermediary process takes 30 days, as opposed to much shorter times to resolution here on this community.  To each his own, though.  

@GabeU wrote:

Which succeeds in nothing more than the customer being cut off from any help from HughesNet for 30 days and the burreau, during that time, doing exactly what could have been done here.  But, everyone is free to do as they like.  

@maratsade wrote:

It's odd how people think that agency is a government agency.

Perception is reality.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

That's for sure, Mark, but even so, (edit: and I realise this doesn't diminish your argument at all) it's amusing how people fail to perceive the big A+ rating that the agency awards Hughesnet.  Perhaps it should be animated.

aplus.gif

I did and also report to the federal communication.

Hahaha. Just wanted you to see the guy in charge there that allowed millions of phony comments from Russians using fake names and addresses to comment on net neutrality, which was then used to form their position.

I'm certain he gives a rat's bag about your problem.

Ajit_V._Pai_headshot.jpg

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Extra kudos for use of puns. 

I'm probably going to he** for that.

maratsade

We'll hire Russians to  post millions of comments on He**'s comments page and you'll be spared.  😉

Hi Ratbag,

Please check your voicemail messages as we've already reached out to you several times regarding your formal complaint.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hello Ratbag,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. Service cancellations must be done over the phone and are certainly possible without waiting for your 2 year commitment to end, you would just have to pay the Early Termination Fee (ETF).

As for your service performance, could be please be more detailed in what you're trying to do and having difficulty with? I ran diagnostics on your HughesNet system and everything is running well, I'm seeing a  download speed of 34492.632 (kb/sec)!  

I'll also move this conversation to our tech support board so we can continue troubleshooting there if you wish.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!