cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet not only did not meet my data needs, but broke their promises!

Re: HughesNet not only did not meet my data needs, but broke their promises!

YES!!!  Please review my call and let me know what you think!!  I wil be eager to see what you find!
Jodi

I am having a very similar problem. Hughes net has lied . I was assured the service I am paying for would provide me with enough data allowance and that the plan I chose would not exceed my family's data demand... I was promised that I was going to be given discounts and was not, I was told the that I would not go over my data allounce and each month i do and have to suffer the painfully slow internet speed. It's unfair and a constant battle iin my home because my boyfriend is upset that he's paying for netflcks and this Hughes not service And he can't come home from work and get online and google something or watch a movie because no data

I know and it sucks!!  I am hoping when they review my original convo that they will see/hear that I was promised something they failed to deliver!!

Assistant Professor

They are very good about compensating if the sales person omitted details or said something that isn't true.

I am looking forward to that!! 

Highlighted

Same here!! Hughes net has been a nightmare for my family also....The first month, after two days we were experiencing difficulties getting online so I called and was told that we had used 10GB in two days. They gave me tokens for the rest of the month. In all fairness my daughter likes watching YouTube makeup tutorials....so no more of the one thing that she really enjoyed doing online. So the kids were told no YouTube or Netflix until we get the Internet figured out. This month it renewed on the 10th and this is the 12th, which no one has been on this am yet, except for me getting on and checking it and it says we have used 1/2 of our allowance for the month. REALLY, less than two days???? Just don't understand and can't keep paying $80 a month for this aggravation!!!

Same here. I was actually going to get more data when I was setting up my service, but the sales rep said that I would be completely fine and wouldn't go over each month with what he picked out for me (less data plan). My boyfriend and I are the only ones that live in the house and hes a nurse (12+ hour shifts at the hospital and I work 8am-5pm and go straight to gym for 2 hours every day *figure competitor on the side* so are hardly home to use internet). Our data usage renewed 2 weeks ago and a week ago noticed slower than ususal internet. Checked it this morning and OH wouldn't you know ALL of it is gone??!!! this has been happening for the past few months and its ridiculous! HughesNet is a scam and plain out sucks
Alum

Hi Jodi,

I think I was able to find your account. I just need to verify that it is the correct one. Does you phone number end in 2552? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris

yes

PLEASE Chris I am in desparate need of my $310 early term fee refunded as my conversations w/Hughes customer service have been a waste of time.  I WAS TOLD THAT MY DATA NEEDS WOULD BE MET....they were not!!