cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet support - give them a break

Junior

Re: HughesNet support - give them a break

Hi Cuddlebug,

I sincerely apologize for any offense that you might have taken and assure you that I intended not to offend anyone. There is the case of "if the shoe fits" and all of us were at one time or another in this category. Since joining this community I have found that a great many people use it as a platform only to complain. Venting our frustrations is  a good thing and many people share the same problems. By participating in these discussions, hopefully, HughesNet can be better informed and address the plight of some of their customers.

I think we can all agree that the scripted response scenario is the worst that CS has to offer. IMHO management could make major improvements in this area. All I am trying to say is "don't kill the messenger."

My personal motivation for participating in this forum is to provide all the help for others that I possibly can, within my experience and abilities. After several years of learning, I am happy with my HughesNet service and it performs well. At the beginning this was not always the case. Hopefully I can help those less fortunate.
Junior

Hi Gwalk900,

I am using OS X so when I get the call that my Windows computer is sending out information that it's infected I too take great pleasure in stringing them along just as far as I possibly can.

My Windows computer takes FOREVER to boot! LOL
Honorary Alumnus

Sounds like it may be time for a clean install on a SSD.
Man those things load fast ! My laptop almost starts with a POP!
Sadly, it may be time to leave the MS fold.
I find myself spending more and more time on my 'nix drive.
Junior

I don't even own a Windows computer. After OS X I would NEVER go back.

I am using an SSD. Takes 5 - 6 sec. from power on to the login screen. Smiley Happy

Hello donsijgm..none taken (offense that is).  I know you did not mean it that way, but have heard a lot of complaining about others who don't know much about computers so I just had to address this issue.  I hope I did not offend in return.  We're good...and thanks for the topic of discussion.  We actually need more of these open conversations (with respect to each other of course).

Thank you, ALL of you,  for this very honoring, respectful, and polite but direct communication. Very edifying and helpful.  If this approach was used more, I think we would have a lot less war and mayhem in the news.  Thank you for some breaths of fresh air in understanding, compassion and lovingkindness, in the course of often stressful and challenging days. 

-Larry Lewis
Nordman,Idaho 

Hey!

Well, to point, I see most of you have hit the nail on the head. Whether the explanation of things is good or not at the point of sale doesn't really matter to a rep, because some people will pretend they never heard of a data cap (we listen to your sales calls, you were just playing with your dog or watching TV), and we end up having to explain it anyway, say sorry and transfer you to cancellation department.

Alan is basically right. After a few 12 hour shifts because you need some extra cents in your check, you'll eventually become numb. I think they call it..burning out? Smiley Happy Some of us make it and can be human for at least 8 hours a day (not counting lunch hour). If you still work/have worked in customer service, stop by this website for a few laughs: http://notalwaysright.com/

Amanda
Highlighted

What are you smoking??  We pay Hughes Net out the you know what for service and they can not provide it!!  I know the people answering the phones are in a call center on the other side of the planet, but I am paying double what everyone else near town has to pay and for FAR less service.. The only way this company thrives is because it is the only option most of its customers have!!!  I mean, how hard is it to say, have you restarted ____  and have you _____ that is basic computer knowledge??   Good Grief, give me a break
Junior

Hi johnmc318,

You are right, satellite based internet is the only option available to me. People in town with land based internet have limitless data allowances, greater speed availabilities and a cheaper cost. I wish I had such options but sadly I don't. My service works just fine and I have adjusted my package several times through out the years in keeping with my needs.
Are you aware that Hughes Network Systems has over 4 million broadband satellite terminals worldwide? The last time I looked they were valued at 285 Billion dollars. They provide internet solutions for homes, small business, Enterprise, Government, Defense/Intelligence, Global services and Service providers for almost all areas of industry.
With all this going for them, do you think they care that you've chosen to live where satellite is your only option?  Do you really believe that serving the small percentage of residential customers is how come the company thrives?

Good Grief is right.

Hi John

I think what OP was trying to say is that people on the internet/over the phone are PEOPLE and human beings who, despite how much you really want to get to Facebook at the speed of warp drive, are just trying to help.

Amanda