cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet support - give them a break

Assistant Professor

Re: HughesNet support - give them a break

I'd be happy if potential customers simply went here and looked at how much data things use:  https://www.cableone.net/pages/datacalculator.html

If really lazy just select the Low, Normal and High buttons.

WOW. If I spoke to a customer like that I would have been fired. Why don't you post your percentages of how many satisfied customers you have. You are so rude and nasty. Makes me want to get rude and nasty right back. But I am a much higher evolved human,so I would just call our State Atty General, FCC and DHS to flag HughesNet. Could be lots of terrorists using your very BAD DSL service,bet you never even check or have protections set for your customers. You really should be more polite. Attacking customers is a really bad idea. Some customers will not take this treatment for a year or more. Some have the knowledge on how to deal with scammy companies. Hughes is NOT untouchable and the employees that insult customers repeatedly and in public and hide behind their little screen are not either. This page should be the FIRST page any customer  looking for DSL service should look at first. That would stop them from ordering this "service" in the first place and then the whiney employees can go play Candy Crush or find another job. See? I HELPED!

Hi Madelynseele, who specifically are you talking about in terms of employees?

Amanda
Advanced Tutor

Madelyn, please note that only forum posters with the title "Official Rep" after their names are HughesNet Employees. The rest are customers like yourself.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Nasty ppl you ask or complaints don't make a difference they don't care in customer service or any one else their no quality service at all
Highlighted

Well I was lied to up front by a rep. Names Mattt now I'm in a contract that I don't want
Advanced Tutor

Hello Yvonne,

Instead of only dropping complaints into others' topics, it would be better if you started a new topic of your own if you want help. Makes it easier for you to get help with your issue. Not all solutions are the same for everyone.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

I'd also recommend patiently and repeatedly (twice) asking for case number notes to be read back to you before you drop from a phone call.

Yes, it's more work and time that the customer is consuming but it easily shaves minutes off of successive followup calls when there is actual continuity. 

Then drop from the call, take a deep breath, and hope the orbital slotted birds smile down upon you with more packets.

No one needs to give Hughes Net a break for anything. Their product is grossly over priced, borders on useless, there customer service is non existent , and they know without a doubt that most of their customers have no other choice. I am glad to finally live in civilization where I have better choices and where Hughes Net is not even allowed by my new landlord. The biggest issue I've had with Hughes Net is the fact that I was on the phone for 45 minutes when I called to cancel my service. They tried and tried to get me to keep their service and move their service after I explained to them it was not allowed at my new address and I already had better service at a lower price. If that is not bad enough they tell that I have to return their equipment or they will charge me $300.00. The issue with that is I left all of their equipment at my service address when I moved 350 miles away so I had to send a relative to retrieve their equipment . It sounded simple enough my relative received a postage paid box to ship everything back in and specific directions as to what to return. Upon attempting to do so my relative discovers that one of the items required in the return was mounted to the dish on the roof of the house. I have call Hughes Net back and schedule a tech to come out to remove it which is a $100.00 fee. (By the way, my monthly bill was automatically debited from my checking account so I have no doubt they will get the money they think they are entitled.) The tech came twice to the wrong house for the deinstallation. I was a Hughes Net customer for at least 5 years. Prior to moving to the middle of nowhere I had cable internet and I am thankful to have it once again. I would go the rest of my life without internet service before I would ever use Hughes Net again. The main reason for this comment is that I received an email asking me to rate my experience with Hughes Net. That survey was a complete joke. They clearly do not want honest feedback. I hope potential customers will come to this site and read some of these comments before signing up for this service.
Associate Professor