Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet support - give them a break

Junior

Re: HughesNet support - give them a break

Now Bill, as you know - it's always HN's fault!  Smiley Tongue

You can use your phone go on line to YouTube and they will take you step by step how to fix anything and most of the time much faster then the wait and you don't have to try to hear remember or understand them rewind fast forward until you get it.. Just a tip!!! To all
Junior

glad to see that you're one of the people here to help others rather than here just complain. Kudos to you.

Thanks! Donsjgm ... Right back at Ya! Have to get these grans to Soccer practice.. See you all again real soon for you that will not be around Have a great afternoon! . later.

Okay Bill, I left it out of my original post because I didn't think it was significant but I moved to my new location several months before my family due to my job relocation. I DID call HughesNet before my family moved. They told me absolutely nothing about returning any equipment and furthermore I was told if I terminated my service prior to my billing date I would receive a prorated refund for service not used. By the way this call lasted 10 minutes or less. I said nothing about the fees not being normal. If anyone of you who is attacking me would bother to READ my post you would my issues were: 1. I was on the phone for 45 minutes trying to be talked into keeping my service which not only did I have no reason to do even if I wanted HughesNet my new landlord DOES NOT ALLOW IT. 2. The tech attempted to come twice to the WRONG ADDRESS for the deinstallation. 3. The customer satisfaction survey is a complete joke. There is no way to provide honest feedback in the survey. Also, go back and read my post and realize I was a LONG TERM HughesNet customer. I agreed to the fees and paid them every month because it was the only choice I had at that address. I am willing to bet that there is not one person on this site who chooses HughesNet over Comcast or Charter or any other cable provider. I stand by my comment that the people who have HughesNet have it because there is no better choice. It see from other posts that some people might have choices for similar service, but I did not. Anyone who understand basic supply and demand will realize that when a service is being provided by one supplier that supplier can pretty much demand what ever they want. In my first post I never even mentioned the fact that we might go a week or more without service and HughesNet would do nothing about it. By the way I had Dish Network as my television provider at that address and I never had one problem with their service. I fact I had more issues with my cable provider at the address prior to that one. I was always a person who didn't want anything to do with satellite service of any kind until I moved to the address where I had no other choice. The thing is Dish Network worked perfectly even in the rain and snow. HughesNet DID NOT work any where near as well. I'm not complaining about data caps and speed my family and I UNDERSTOOD the limitations but we would go for days with no service at all. Dish Network never failed us. They kept trying to get me to sign up for their satellite internet service. Every time they would call I would tell them that I would love to but it wasn't available at my location and each time they would tell me they were expanding their coverage area, then they would check my address and come back and confirm what I already knew! By the way they didn't ask for any other their equipment to be returned. Let me say it again to the people who are getting fired up in support of the company they love. I'm not complaining about having to return the equipment or the poor internet service. Go back and read 1,2,and 3 in this post and I will welcome comments to anyone one of those three issues. I would also really love to see a commenting from anyone who chooses HughesNet over any cable provider because I DO NOT think that person exists.
Junior

Hi Charles,

I appreciate your re-post and empathize with your experience. I have a life elsewhere and do not live here, in this forum. I come here from time to time with the altruistic intentions of helping others with their HN experience. Considering it's limitations my HN service works quite well and I am thankful to have it as there are no alternatives where I live. I have been with Directv since they acquired Primestar and in my experience HN has worked equally as well. I was blessed with an installer who did his job well and live in an area where I am fairly centered within my beam. I have found the CS to be polite and professional. The tier 1 (script reading) people are frustrating and admittedly all my experiences were not good. I will say that for the most part though, these people try hard and do a good job. I am in total agreement with you as far as the sales reps. and have even posted in this forum that IMO sales need an overhaul. I have noticed in this forum many times where the recorded call was reviewed and the rep. misrepresented the HN service. In being fair I must point out that equally these reviews showed that the customer did not pay attention to the information given by the sales rep.
I understand that sometimes all a person needs is an outlet to vent his or her anger and frustration. Upon occasion I come here and all I find is people who need to vent rather than those needing help and I too vent my frustration. (one of those why did I come here things)
Best wishes

Don  Smiley Happy

Not to bust yalls bubble, but I have spoken with Hughes net three times in last week.  They had been charging me over a hundred for 5GB of data and their lowest plan.  They upped it, but I looked at the deals the new GEN 4 customers were getting.  I just got Netflix and needed more data.  They wanted 140 dollars for 20 GB when the GEN 4 customers get 65GB plus 15gb anytime, plus 50GB of anytime.  They think they have me between a rock and a tight spot because I haven't been with them for 2 years yet.
Assistant Professor

The underlined and bold text really emphasizes your points. Thanks, I wouldn't have gotten it without the extra pizzazz. 

It gets back to supply and demand. The heavier loaded beams and satellite will pay more for the limited data available. Simple economics. Why do you think gas prices are so low right now?
Honorary Alumnus

To be more precise .. plan availability varies by "platform" ,,, HN9000 Spaceway or Gen4 (HT1000/1100) and location:

Assistant Professor

I wrote it off to mistyping the sentence and figured he meant 65 GB total.

Either way my comment remains the same. Supply and demand on the beams and satellites. The other guys totally shut beams off for new customers if the they get heavily loaded. If they are the only provider then the person is simply out of luck for internet service.

HughesNet policy is to provide service no matter the loading. Whether I agree or not I do understand them wanting to give people even limited service who would otherwise have nothing.

Finally they will work with customers to bring speed up if they make an effort.