cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet Extremely slow download speed and the worst customer service I have ever experienced

New Poster

Hughesnet Extremely slow download speed and the worst customer service I have ever experienced

Bought a new house in July and the only internet provider we could get was Hughesnet.  They advertise 25mb down and 3 up.  The fastest we have ever gotten since July is 1.17 down.  It is almost always .25 down, give or take, when I run a speed test.  I have payed for it all this time and have not even been able to use it.  I've called tech support(and I use that term very loosely) so many times I've lost count.  NONE of them speak native english and I can barely understand them.  They ask dumb questions that have nothing to do with the problem and then always say they are escalating to the engineering team and someone from that team will call me back.....which never happens.  When I press them as to why they can't transfer me over to the engineering dept, I'm always given a different excuse as to why, but basicall that they are not able to.  I've been told this at least six times in the last ten days alone, and haven't heard a peep from them.  Not to mention, I'm also paying for netflix and amazon prime all this time but I'm not able to use them due to my hughesnet not working.  I never thought anyone could have worse customer service than Time Warner Cable, but I stand corrected.  Not to mention when they came out and installed my equipment, they screwed the dish into the roof of my new house instead of on a pole in the yard like any sane person would do.  And I don't mean they screwed it into the eve, I mean huge wood screws right thru my shingles.  So when it leaks, because I know it will....who do you think is going to have to pay to fix that?  Me.  Tomorrow I'm going to make my last attempt at getting some assistance from tech support and then I'm going to hand over all of my recorded calls, screenshots of speed tests, etc to my lawyer and let him handle it.  I'm sure it will cost me even more money, but I don't know what else to do.  BTW, I'm a IT admin for a large company so I'm not your average non-techy user.

9 REPLIES 9
New Poster

Re: Hughesnet Extremely slow download speed and the worst customer service I have ever experienced

I have the same problem slow internet and I just get the run around.
I hate Hughes .Net service
New Poster

Re: Hughesnet Extremely slow download speed and the worst customer service I have ever experienced

Should I be surprised that a HughesNet representitive hasn't commented on this yet or at least pretended that they were going to "check on it for me"??

New Poster

had the same problem if you goto systemcontrolcenter.com then goto wifi settings then to advance settings  change channel from auto to1, I jump to 29mbps

Freshman

How there has not been legal action for false advertising against Hughsnet is beyond me.  They say they "guarantee" at least 60% of the 25 mbps download.  I rarely get 60% of the advertised speeds and I don't think I've ever gotten the 25mbps speed since I got Hughesnet.  

New Poster

What is the administrative password to change the settings in the router?

Freshman

seems as though the site has been shut down...i get can not be found mssg

I tried, but it doesn't take my PW as in my Account - any thoughts on how to find a PW that works?

Instead of typing in systemcontrolcenter.com  Try 192.168.0.1  Your password is admin   All lower case.

New Poster

AMEN!! I am am getting horrible speeds as well & when I called they said it was because of the gateway server was in an area with bad weather... BS!!!! 

I am getting like 0.40 download speed and I am not out of data!!! I am beginning to think their advertising is false advertising and am about to get into it with them!!