Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet Is Hell

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's A Trap!

Hughesnet Is Hell

I've been using Hughesnet for about 5 or 6 months so far and it's been absolutely excruciating. Honestly this entire service deserves a 1/5 or even a 0 as a rating. No one should have to endure the pain of using super slow service.
And when you complain about your inconsistent speeds they tell you to do a "speed test". Which is just their way of making the customers do a bunch of tests that don't solve the issue thus tiring him out and making him leave the issue alone. So if you get told to do a speed test you won't ever solve the problem. They will blame it on weather, your satellite, your modem, your installed apps, distance, ANYTHING.

Overall this company is trash. I remember seeing your commercials back when I was a kid. "Hughesnet gen 4 high speeds for gaming and browsing the internet", blah blah blah. It's a load of bull.
Just say "Trash internet service only mean't for old heads who barely use the internet".
And btw it's 2016 not 2002. Internet usage is at it's highest these days and people with satellite internet are suffering the most.
8 REPLIES 8
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

You remember seeing Gen4 commercials as a kid?  So you must certainly be under the age of 18, or just now turning 18 at the oldest seeing as Gen4 is only 3 or 4 years old now.

That aside, a properly configured home network, and operational terminal can allow for some really good speeds during non-peak hours.

If you are having issues with speeds, please connect your computer directly to your modem, and follow the steps outlined here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...
Amanda

Good morning Justin,

Thank you for your feedback, we'll be sure to send it up. 

We understand that you may not just be here to provide a review, but to get assistance. We want to address your needs and resolve your concerns regarding the performance of the system. This community was created to help customers like yourself resolve tough issues and connect with one another to give advice. If you could give us a little insight into what you're experiencing when doing certain activities (streaming, browsing, downloading, uploading, etc) on your devices, that's a good start. 

Looking forward to assisting you

Amanda
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Right now.

Overall average.

I think I'll stick with it. 

GabeU

It could be worse.  We could be part of the more than 55% of the population of the world with NO internet access to speak of.  And as far as large countries go, we are actually near the top of the game when it comes to connectivity as a percentage of the population. 

One of the biggest problems is we are addicted to the internet, if you will.  If people can't stream the latest film or TV show RIGHT NOW!!!, they have a fit, and sometimes amusingly so.   

dougpare

You can't stream anything on Hughes.  I don't even try.  Are you kidding?  I know it has it's limitations, but I would like to be able to visit a message board or email with out it going down. It shuts down when trying to use or buy tokens.  I cross my fingers if I want to send a SINGLE picture to someone. 

Gabe, the only thing worse is dial up.

And the BS that a previous poster noted.  Test your system, and get back to us.  Right, done that a few dozen times. 

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Test your system, and get back to us.  Right, done that a few dozen times. 
 So post those test results.
GabeU

You can't stream anything on Hughes.  I don't even try.  Are you kidding?

First, you can within the limitations of the amount of data you have.  Secondly, I'm so glad that my life is not so dependent on watching films or TV shows that I have a fit if I can't stream whatever I want right now.

I know it has it's limitations, but I would like to be able to visit a message board or email with out it going down. It shuts down when trying to use or buy tokens.  I cross my fingers if I want to send a SINGLE picture to someone.

Are you in FAP?  If not, what have you done or so far been instructed to do to pinpoint the problem? 

Gabe, the only thing worse is dial up.

Uh...sure. 

And the BS that a previous poster noted.  Test your system, and get back to us.  Right, done that a few dozen times. 

As said, let's see them.  Please post your results URL.   

Amanda

Hi Doug,

I suppose that's about the same as working here and asking users to do speed tests so we can help them, but never getting the results back. Please create your own post if you are having issues so that we can assist you.

Amanda