cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet Rejected by Outlook, now what?

kitnbob
Tutor

Re: Hughesnet Rejected by Outlook, now what?

@MarkJFine    and you are referring to the MSN mail system?

Greg Rebman
Freshman

100% agree with your entire post.  I'm still having issues.  On again off again email sending issues.  At this point I'm looking for financial reimbursement for Hughes lack of service.  Every call to technical support you have to go back to the beginning and start a new ticket.  Promises to call back are not fulfilled.  Customer service here is C R A P.   Completely goes back to Nov 3rd (or thereabouts) Hughes new 3.0 email platform or whatever they call it

I'm also looking for a complete different service for our businesses (4).  Any thoughts? 

Fed up with this circus.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Referring to all the problems in general. Not sure if the MSN problem is a transitory one (holdover from Senacor) or a new one. What I do know is that the new one clearly doesn’t like non-SSL posting of email, which has been an industry standard for a number of years. That has created a lot of security problems, and likely led to being blocked all over the internet. Changing that may have caused some initial confusion, but it will be better in the long run.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Scooter
Freshman

@MarkJFine wrote:
Referring to all the problems in general. Not sure if the MSN problem is a transitory one (holdover from Senacor) or a new one. What I do know is that the new one clearly doesn’t like non-SSL posting of email.

Well Mark, what's the excuse for not posting SSL email?

Scooter
Freshman

kitnbob - nothing is in my outbox.

Most of the time I'm responding to emails sent to me, or occasionally generating a new one. (Clearly from relatives, buyers, sellers, clients, jokers and tokers that use outlook.com). I try again every couple of days and post the results. We want fresh results here, lest someone inform me that it was too many days ago to investigate. Try again.

Scooter
Freshman

@MarkJFine wrote:
Referring to all the problems in general. Not sure if the MSN problem is a transitory one (holdover from Senacor) or a new one. What I do know is that the new one clearly doesn’t like non-SSL posting of email, which has been an industry standard for a number of years. That has created a lot of security problems, and likely led to being blocked all over the internet. Changing that may have caused some initial confusion, but it will be better in the long run.
Better in the long run? Better for who? Can you describe this Utopia of that which you speak?

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Dunno, sometimes the mail client says it's using the port you set it to, but doesn't. It can't be the server's fault because others are using that hostname/port combination and it works for them.

Other than the configuration, the only other thing it could be is the type of SSL that the client is using. If it's the older TLS 1.0, chances are the new mail server is rejecting it because it's not secure enough. Most mail servers expect to see TLS 1.3 now for security reasons. Senacor never updated their system to allow for TLS 1.3 so newly released versions of Thunderbird that relied on it flat out didn't work on it. When HN moved to the new mail server, suddenly Thunderbird began to work again.

So, although it may seem like it's singling you out, and I understand you may be frustrated, please don't take it personal. It's likely the mail client you're using that's the problem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
kitnbob
Tutor

I saved one from Tues Dec 1 but No errors today. Thursday

(after MAIL FROM): 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [129.213.209.193] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [VI1EUR04FT047.eop-eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com]

------ This is a copy of the headers of the original message. ------

SMX-Results: classifications=clean
Received: from zmc-mailbox ([10.219.128.78]) by shared.hu1.smxemail.com
with ESMTP id 5FC68B4C-709C0273@mta4101.omr;
Tue, 01 Dec 2020 18:28:28 +0000
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 18:28:26 +0000 (GMT)
To: kitnbob <kitnbob@msn.com>
Message-ID: <1014964364.1044005.1606847306356.JavaMail.zimbra@hughes.net>
Subject: Testing servers
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Originating-IP: [97.73.80.50, 10.244.4.45]
X-Mailer: Zimbra 8.9.0_GA_1011 (ZimbraXWebClient - FF83 (Windows)/8.9.0_GA_1011)
Thread-Index: zM8iqjuOMVszmFRkqn6Y/aWXTwTe2g==
Thread-Topic: Testing servers

This came back to the webmail client  Zimbra because I hadnt changed my ports yet. on Windows Live  client

Isnt it saying that MSN is blocking Hughes?

Scooter
Freshman

Yes

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kitnbob wrote:

No errors today. 

Same here.  Emails from hughes.net to my MSN address were being blocked the other day, but today they are going through.  That's progress on that part.  Smiley Happy

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro