cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet Rejected by Outlook, now what?

kitnbob
Tutor

Re: Hughesnet Rejected by Outlook, now what?

I did read explanations of errors that  was in the bounce message....    kinda interesting

@Scooter wrote:

Yes

http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

When I said it was transitory, I meant that MSN could have been blocking HN since before the servers switched. If they keyed on the @Hughes.net domain it wouldn't care which IP it was coming from, and therefore wouldn't know that the servers changed.

However, since the new server is more secure, chances of it being a source of spam from users' malware or embedded spambots would be a lot lower. Therefore, in theory, there would be less chance of it being blocked on the receiving side, which was a horrendous problem - not just with MSN, either.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
kitnbob
Tutor

@Scooter wrote:

kitnbob - nothing is in my outbox.

Most of the time I'm responding to emails sent to me, or occasionally generating a new one. (Clearly from relatives, buyers, sellers, clients, jokers and tokers that use outlook.com). 

Cool  So ...   none of your messages were blocked today either

Scooter
Freshman

kit, you seem like good people and your kind words are welcome, if that thing with bob doesn't work out, holla.

But the way it works (or doesn't) is it leaves the outbox, get's rejected by Outlook and slings back like a boomerang. Thus while it did exit the box, it then went into the ditch.

Thanks Hughes.

The excuse today could be sunspots, earths wobble, monkeys in the trees?

kitnbob
Tutor

@Scooter  I think i suggested  Here to delete (or move) everything in your OUTBOX.

I'm glad you figured it out 4 days later.

during those days the server did something and MSN did something and the mail was not bouncing all day  12-3-2020.

but.................    yesterday around 5:30 or so ,   it started bouncing again.  

perhaps that's when your OUTBOX emptied its self?

AND today....  SMTP server IS sending outlook mail and postmaster hughes  is sending us a "Mail Delivery Failure"

Im confused Smiley Sad

kitnbob
Tutor

never mind