cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet SUCKS

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Hughesnet SUCKS

@maratsade wrote:

Reggie, I just clicked the quote button -- I don't know why it had the wrong URL.  I fixed it. 

@Reggie wrote:

Sheesh, isn't that wacky?  Because you fixed it I couldn't see what was wrong, but checking in my email I see it.  That it would go to something completely different like that is odd, to say the least.  I've seen strange things happen on this site over time, but that one has to take the cake.  

It's Bizarro World, that's what it is!!!!  Smiley Tongue 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi john12,

Thank you for creating a thread and running these tests. I've run diagnostics on your system and as far as signal and hardware goes, everything looks fine. A remote speed test from our network to your modem returns a download speed of 26 Mbps which is well over twice what your service plan actually calls for (10Mbps).

I realize this isn't what is reflected in some of your speed tests, so we need to do a bit more digging. Right now I can't see any devices that are connected to your HT1100 modem, so I will need you to tell me what device you use to run these tests and if you are using your own wireless router or connecting a singular computer to your modem. Outside of that, is it possible to get a couple more tests from the morning or earlier in the day? It helps to know if we should look at this as a traffic/congestion issue on the network as a whole, or something more local. I will apply some free Token data to your account for testing. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Highlighted
Sophomore

Hp desk top computer to modem by ethernet cable.Thats all ,I think its,   traffic/congestion issue on the network as a whole. 2:00am to 7:00am  works great, That is the only time I have the data and speed to update my windows 10,or download music or go on u-tube. It would be nice if they would change there night times to start at 12:00 or 1:00am and go to 5:00 or 6:00am. It makes for a long night when you start updating win 10,at 2:00am and it`s a big update,like an hour and a half or two.But thats another story. I will get on a few test`s earlier.Thanks for the help and the Data Tokens,Amanda

Sophomore

Test B4 bed         https://testmy.net/db/sgwKW3Yky

Sophomore

test after lunch                   https://testmy.net/db/VsNtyzRVG

Sophomore

another test                      https://testmy.net/db/d6Md_XLME

Advanced Tutor

john12: If you run speed test, you should be logged into Testmy. This way the Mods can just click on the link you posted earlier.

Sophomore

I was loged in, under user name , john Black

Sophomore

Sophomore