Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet Status Meter won't download

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quasarn01

Hughesnet Status Meter won't download

I've been trying to download the updated Status Meter for the past two days, however, it keeps timing out...  As a matter of fact, ever since I've had Hughesnet I've very seldom had any complete downloads because most of them time out...  I'm getting very frustrated and about to trash this service and go to dial-up.  First off, just reading a few emails a day and doing a below average internet surfing, I notice that I will reach the end of my 10gigs halfway thru the month...  I've had to use my phone hotspot to take up the slack just to make it thru the month...   Unless Hughesnet comes up with a solution that I can afford without breaking the pocketbook, I'll have to end this little affair and move on to something else...  I've had my system checked a dozen times for any problems on my end and everything is fine.  When I am on my phone hotspot, not only is the speed great, but, there are no timing outs and connections are very good...  Any suggestions?
18 REPLIES 18
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

It would help to know what system you are on ... HN9000 or HT1000/1100

Whenever my system seems to be running a little odd the first thing I do is open the Modems SCC at 192.168.0.1 and check my FAP status and system for errors and any active conditions:

If things look OK there, the next step is to connect a computer directly to the Modem to see if any one of a number of NIC adaptor or Router settings could be having an effect.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"stay on task to resolve"

Interesting observation.

You were asked to perform some data collection exercises.

Those exercises consist of establishing "data points" or "events" related to an action.

Even the failure of being able to run a speed test is a "data point". When you post that info as well as the time engineering can look back at your beam performance specs at that time and compare your system remote diagnostics with your beam baseline performance levels.

You have not been posting factual info into your main topic timeline. You have instead been post "opinion" and "rhetoric".

Now this "character" is going to give you a tip:

Engineers work with data, not opinion, not emotion and not crying and whining.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

" What part of that do you not comprehend?"

Why are you not able to understand that that is an event in itself ?

The time of the occurrence (the inability to run the test) when compared to the beam performance overall and in your local geographic are clues.

You certainly are a sarcastic individual. Its no wonder you got nowhere with phone support.

Liz

Hi quasarn01,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I was able to locate your account and started investigating to address your concerns.

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 between 8:00 am and 11:00am.

Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #101401926 if you need to reschedule.

Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Public forum and not your thread. You do have the option of posting privately.

Do you need a screenshot on how to do that? .. you really seem to have issues understanding how use a computer ....

Perhaps we can help 🙂

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Mister Hobbs

Gwalk900 is one of best that is willing to offer free help on this forum.
If you are unwilling to learn that is on you.
When I first started on this  site I was like you.  I thought  I knew it all.
When was the last time you tried to run a speed test?
I hope you are able to get your system running the way you expect.

Reggie
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Why are you here?

Not your thread .....

Not able to follow the simplest steps ....

My advice, if you still have the box your computer came in ... pack it up and return it to the store.

The ability to use it effectively is beyond your present abilities.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

MD Hobbs

I was just trying to calm the waters. I thought the post was getting out of hand.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Let me answer that for you:

Hughes is your ISP ... not your personal IT/Computer Repair facility.

Hughes is obligated to supply a defined level of service .... TO YOUR MODEMS LAN PORT.

They are not equipped or obligated to teach you how to use your computer.

You stated "slow speed" .. OK. Protocol dictates that speed tests are ran .. and results documented ... OR the inability to run tests.

in light of your posted history it is more likely that your service does not meet normal HN performance levels ... not due to service issues but due to computer/network/concurrent connection issues.

Hughes owes you a level of service ... measured at the Modems LAN port

Hughes does NOT owe you support into determining issues with your networked equipment and how to operate a computer.

Hughes does NOT DO PERSONAL IT SUPPORT ... take to Best Buy, Take it to a local computer shop, take it to the junk yard.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

How long have you been using a computer?
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

The first thing we need to do is go back to your post & try to get back on track.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Comical.  The pot calling the kettle black.  When one starts getting sarcastic comments from more than one person, one should start to realize that the problem isn't the other people. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

MD. Hobbs,

You fail to realize that this is a public forum and GabeU has as much right to comment as anyone.

If you have an issue with others posting in you topic you have, as pointed out earlier, the option of creating a post and making it private.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Let me point out the following:

> This isn't your topic <

> This is a public forum <

> You have the option of posting privately <

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

At least some entertaining reading over the weekend.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Yup.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I must ask why you find it necessary to spam the support topics of others with unrelated, unhelpful comments while not responding to your own topic and posting of data that would perhaps prove helpful to engineering in resolving your perceived  performance issue?

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"Your little cartoon above is clearly technical in nature"

In an effort to broaden your computer knowledge ... that is not a cartoon ... that is a file type known as a GIF.