cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet Usage Meter 6.6.0 is blank on Gen5

Junior

Re: Hughesnet Usage Meter 6.6.0 is blank on Gen5

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

What resolution are you at...?  Certain resolutions aren't supported as the program requires a certain amount of screen space, if it can't display, it will throw that "error".  The lower the resolution, the more likely you are to encounter that.

Resolutions and Scaling
@A: 1920*1080 @ 175% = Zoomed In Message
@A: 1920*1080 @ 150% = Works

@1920*1080 @ 175% is what works best for my eyesight on my Microsoft Surface Pro.  Going to 150% increases eye strain for me.  So what I hear you saying is that I'm SOL relative to using the HughesNet Usage Meter tool in that environment since I'm not willing to compromise my (already challenged) eyesight in order to accommodate the limitations of the HughesNet Usage Meter tool.  My background is computer graphics software, so I'm pretty sure the simple act of scaling for resolution is a pretty trivial bit of coding.  Somebody has just made the (seeming arbitrary) decision that the result at the effective resolution I use is unacceptable.  I guess I'll just choose to disagree with that conclusion.  Such is life I guess.

Senior

It worked perfectly with Gen4. Therefore, it should work perfectly with Gen5. We should not have to make adjustments that will effect everything just so the meter will work.

Thank you for your continued feedback! I just got word that our Usage Meter devs are currently working on having the Usage Meter work at higher magnification settings. Once I have any other updates on this, I will post back.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Junior

@Liz wrote:

Thank you for your continued feedback! I just got word that our Usage Meter devs are currently working on having the Usage Meter work at higher magnification settings. Once I have any other updates on this, I will post back.

That's great news. 

I hope I'm not being too needy, but it would be really nice if they could fix the color scheme stuff (as mentioned elsewhere -- honor OS's UI color scheme or allow selection of alternative, broad range of color schemes).

Totally understandable, motobojo. I've copied your feedback and sent them up as I received them.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Spectator

I am using usage meter 6.6.1.0 with Gen 5, Windows 10 , and get the zoomed in message. Ialso get this message with blank window with wvery usage meterfor thepast year.  I would like to try zooming out   The + and - keys do nothing.  How do I zoom out??

Junior

@cherylclarkwa wrote:

I am using usage meter 6.6.1.0 with Gen 5, Windows 10 , and get the zoomed in message. Ialso get this message with blank window with wvery usage meterfor thepast year.  I would like to try zooming out   The + and - keys do nothing.  How do I zoom out??

As Liz wrote in an earlier post in this string:

Please navigate to your Windows 10 display settings: Start > Settings > System > Display

You'll see in this display setting window this option with a slider underneath: Change the size of text, apps, and other items