cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet WIFI Booster, has improved my internet quality 200 %

Freshman

Hughesnet WIFI Booster, has improved my internet quality 200 %

I received my Hughesnet WIFI Booster today by UPS. I have it up and working, and running awesomly. My internet speeds using wifi, have more than doubled. I am actually quite surprised by this. It is 7:00 PM EDST, and I am able to stream HD Video on Youtube. I was able to stream HD Video back when I first upgraded to Gen 5, until about May of last year. Now my speeds during the day are almost 50 Mbps, compared to the little 5-10 Mbps I was getting. I do find it kind of odd that this has improved my service like this, because when I am on my computer I am right next to Hughesnet Modem. Has anyone else bought the Wifi Booster and have seen any sort of improvement with there internet connection quality, speed, etc?

13 REPLIES 13
Professor

Re: Hughesnet WIFI Booster, has improved my internet quality 200 %

How does one buy this? When I go to https://my.hughesnet.com/shop, I see the wifi booster listed, but when I click "learn more" I get taken to the same page (https://my.hughesnet.com/shop). 

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade

It does the same for me.  Very strange.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Is the booster not available to some for purchase yet?  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

I'm very happy it's not me and my dysfunctional relationship with the satellite.  LOL

Distinguished Professor IV

@coreyellis1

As far as I can recall, you're the first person I've seen report on the performance of the booster.  Hopefully others have the same experience.  Glad it's working well for you.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I've had HughesNet for less than a week and am ready to throw this thing out!  I can't watch ANY streaming TV without dealing with contstant buffering.  I've called and a woman helped me adjust some settings, which made things somewhat better for one night, but it's been buffering like crazy again for the past two days.  I would try the WiFi Booster IF I could get to it!  Having the same issue, click on the link and it takes me back to the same page. Is is ALWAYS this difficult??!

Highlighted

@coreyellis1wrote:

I do find it kind of odd that this has improved my service like this, because when I am on my computer I am right next to Hughesnet Modem. Has anyone else bought the Wifi Booster and have seen any sort of improvement with there internet connection quality, speed, etc?

I am not familiar with this device but if your speed went up that much... and you get 50Mpbs (which is double what I get on a very good day), I wonder if somehow this box acts like that Hughes Phone Device that kind of bumps one up the line of connectivty so phone calls can work via Satellite with less latency and speed issues.  I have no clue really but made me think does this wifi enhancer have something really special about it?  TJ

Professor

I'm wondering how the OP managed to get his/her hands on the Wifi booster.... The webpage for it is stuck on a loop.  Smiley Sad

Tutor

So this is a signal extender...it boosts the signal to dead zones in your home, right?  I found it available here

https://entersource.com/product/hughesnet-gen5-wifi-range-booster/

but there are NO specs other than it is dual band and has 4 antennas.  I wouldn't buy it on that description.

My Netgear AC1200 (model EX6150) was $60 and covers my house really well.  No dead zones.  My Netgear router

is at one end of the house so I needed an extender and it most definitely helped.  Using Wifi Analyzer I can see how 

much stronger my signal is in the opposite end of the house from the router.

Glad to hear the booster is working well! Regarding the ordering page for it, I was able to replicate it and I am checking in with our web team to have them look at it. In the meantime, you can order a booster by calling customer service 866-347-3292.

Thanks,

Amanda