Hughesnet Webmail error messages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msoerens
Freshman

Hughesnet Webmail error messages

I created a post last week, this is a follow up to that closed thread. I finally was able to grab a screen shot.  

The last week or so we are receiving error messages when sending emails. They appear to be sent  and are showing in the sent folder, but an error message shows up when I hit send. One error message is:   The Server or Network is slow to respond. To cancel your request hit cancel.

The other error message is attached to this thread. If an admin would like to see 'the details' info screen email me or message and I'll attach it for them. 

Hughesnet error.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Liz

Hi msoerens,

Glad to see you again, and with a screenshot! This is helpful. You can PM me with the details info screen so I can also include that to my escalation to our e-mail admins. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I understand of the situation:

This started sometime during the last week in April.

Sending emails via webmail sometimes results in that error above.

The emails show in the sent folder.

Sometimes recipients do receive your e-mail, sometimes they don't.

No known system/settings changes recently.

Happens on your husband's HughesNet e-mail account as well.

I could use more info to help narrow the investigation:

You said the error sometimes occurs, do you find that it only appears when sending to the same e-mail addresses or domains, e.g. aol.com or gmail.com?

There are 4 e-mail addresses associated with your account, does the error persist with the other two addresses?

Does the error persist when using webmail over a non-HughesNet connection, like over cellular from a mobile device?

These details should be a good start for our e-mail admins, so I look forward to hearing back.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz, 

Sent you a pm with the info from the error message, along with answers to some of your questions below. Thank you again for the assistance!

Got it, thank you! This is a good start. I'll post back once I have any updates or additional questions.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi msoerens,

Our e-mail admins have looked into this and you should be able to send e-mail normally. If the error persists, please screenshot the error and send it to me. I'll keep your thread open until next Thursday.

-Liz

Thanks so much Liz!!!

I'll test it out tomorrow, if we have further trouble I'll update you. 

Thanks again!

Hi Liz, 

I sent an email with one of my alternative email address and received the same error message today. I'll pm you with the error and email address that it happened on so tech support can look into it for me. 

Michelle

Good morning Michelle,

Thank you for the update and providing me the screenshot, this helps. I've sent this back to our e-mail admins. I'll post back once I have an update for you.

-Liz

Hi Liz, 

Thought I'd provide you yet another error message I received today. I'm receiving a "server is slow to respond" error after replying to someone. I let it sit and finish spinning, then receive the attached error message. Same email address(springpinesfarm) account from the other day. This email was sent today at 5:10 CST in case they want to see the log. I only sent two emails from this account, both to the same person and email address, resulting in errors. hughes error.JPG

Good morning Michelle, thank you for this update and screenshot, I'll send this over as well!

-Liz

Good morning Michelle,

I hope you had a good long weekend. Looks like our e-mail admins couldn't see any errors in the logs, but we still want to get to the bottom of this, so we'll need some fresh info. Please check your PMs, I'll send you the instructions they sent me.

-Liz

Good morning Liz, 

We did have a nice weekend, I hope you also had the same. I'll check my pm and reply back. 

Thanks!

Michelle