Hughesnet and Amazon

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFXPHIL
Freshman

Hughesnet and Amazon

So its been a couple of days since Hughesnet was installed in my home and to say I'm not impressed is an understatement, Gen5 is supposed to be fast, well it's no way as fast as Verizon's 4LT service. I would say about 50% speed wise. The usage widget that I downloaded is insane and goes up and down like a yoyo, so you don't really know how much bandwidth you are using?

But the most annoying thing is how Hughesnet blocks Amazon. I have tried dozens of time to access my account and always get the same answer "Server is busy" this is obviously not true as I can connect using the Verizon system and my cell phone, both of which have never had an issue connecting to Amazon. I reached out to Amazon who confirmed they have zero server issues. So what gives ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@SFXPHIL

Could you please try disabling Web-Acceleration for us and let us know if that works for you?  Also, when you use Chrome (if that's possible) what error message do you get in that?  Chrome usually provides a description that can be used.

1: Visit http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.
2: Click the "i" icon at the top of the HT1100/2000w System Control Center (also known as the SCC).  It is highlighted in red in the image below.
photo skUivVb.png

3: Click on "Web Acceleration" then "Control" outlined in red.
photo jnchLQt.png

4: Click on "Web Acceleration Enabled", this will change to an orange button that says "Web Acceleration Disabled".
photo mQGk0j9

5: Restart your browser and try browsing the website.

View solution in original post

Good morning folks,

Just got an update from engineering that this should be fixed. If you have made any changes to your system while troubleshooting this, please revert to your original settings before the issue occurred and let us know how it goes.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21