cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet email not secure

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Hughesnet email not secure

@dfbeck

That's interesting.  I'm seeing the opposite.  

MyAccount page (signed in)...

HN2.jpg

Profile page (signed in)...

HN4.jpg

What's more interesting is that the page where you enter your credentials when signing in, the next page after you click the blue "Sign In" button, and then the next page after that are all secure, but when it gets to the fourth and final page in the process, which is the actual MyAccount page (the first picture above), now signed it, it is no longer secure for me.  It's very odd.

HN5.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HN6.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HN7.jpg

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Junior

That is odd. I just checked again and the first page, the one in which you choose your destination, is secure on mine are the next pages as long as I launch them from the secure link but I still can't manage my email accounts. without risk.Hughesnet logon not secure.PNGInfo street Hughesnet page.PNG It makes me wonder if there are different paths to reach the same site? I really would like to use my unused email account. 

Professor

Your link for My Account is not showing as secure. The secure ones all have https in front of the URL. The link for My Account does not have that.

Junior

Well, I'll be darned, you are correct! For some reason I looked at the sheild and assumed that it indicated a secure connection. I just realized that I've never floated a curser over it before. That's just great! That also means that I'm leaving the useage page open and it's not secure. Thanks for pointing that out. I hope there is a fix for that either on my end or Hughes' end. I can do without another hijacked browser.
GabeU, if you see this, I was in error on what was secure and what wasn't but what really matters is what is not secure.

Professor

I have been able to turn some of those pages into secure pages simply by adding https:// in front of the url. 

They are working on this stuff -- one of the mods posted something recently about it.

Distinguished Professor IV

@dfbeck

I might have thought the same thing with that shield being like that.  They definitely need to address it, even if it doesn't have things like credit card info on the non secure pages, that's for sure.  And really, any site that you have to sign into that is tied to a service you pay for should be secure on every page.  

@maratsade

That definitely works, but the problem, of course, is that only a few of us know to do that.  Smiley Sad  

Capture.JPG 

Oh, and now I see that if you click on any link, it goes right back to not being secure, so you'd have to put the s in every subsequent link that you click on.  SMH.  

Clicking on Billing from within the secure site shown above takes me to this....

Capture.JPG 

They really need to fix this.  And I know they are looking at it, so that's good.  Smiley Happy    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

They'll fix it. These things take time, though.  In the meantime, adding https:// at the beginning of the URL seems to help.