Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet is ruining my sleep schedule

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's A Trap!

Hughesnet is ruining my sleep schedule

I'm already out of normal gigabytes so I have no choice but to resort to staying up till 2 am and using the free bonus bytes. And that's the issue.... I can't keep staying up till 2 am just to use the internet normally. It's so ridiculous. I can't even watch youtube videos without them buffering for 30 minutes. Hell I can't even download a file over 10 megabytes without having to monitor it constantly in case it cancels because of how (Please watch the language - Chris) slow my internet is. The free bonus period is nice and all but I hate having to stay up just to do all that kind of stuff.

Did hughesnet forget that most normal people never stay up till 2 am? Because of hughesnet (and summer time) I've started staying up till 5 am just to take advantage of it. (please dont tell me that bonus bytes is best used with download manager, I still have to deal with crappy internet throughout the month which tempts me to stay up)

Maybe hughesnet is engaged in some kind of psychological warfare with us. If they can tear aware at our psyche maybe we'll give up and throw our credit cards at them?

Can a new form of bonus bytes be made? Maybe if you run out of gigabytes it immediately takes affect but with a smaller amount , ex. 30 gigabytes.
21 REPLIES 21
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

This post won't last long.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Having to curse to make your point shows a lack of intelligence or education, maybe both.
It's A Trap!

I only cursed once. And it really doesn't. I curse to emphasize a point I'm trying to make. You have 9k individual posts on a hughesnet forum, you have no room to talk (Language #2). I'd recommend you reavaluate how you spend your time, little bro.
Knerkin Akin

Birddog: lost cause. Your point is well taken, and he keeps reinforcing it. Don'cha kno, little bro?
It's A Trap!

Hahaha man (since you aren't posting anything constructive) lets be honest man to man. How much are they paying you? Couple grand? No one is sain enough to support Hughesnet.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Mr.Mason
Profanity is against Community guidelines and can result in you being suspended from the Community.

As too "little bro", BirdDog is a well respected member of this community and has helped countless users over the years. Much more productive than anything you have posted so far.

Now on to the points you raised in your topic:

I'm already out of normal gigabytes so I have no choice but to resort to staying up till 2 am
Some of the reasons you may be out of data so soon may include failure on your part to monitor your rate of data consumption. Hughes supplies several methods of doing so and I will post them here for you if need be.

As to not having any choices .... that is clearly inaccurate. You have the option of putting your money where your profanity ridden mouth is and purchase some Tokens.
If you need assistance in the procedure of buying and applying the needed Tokens you need only ask.

Did hughesnet forget that most normal people never stay up till 2 am? Because of hughesnet (and summer time) I've started staying up till 5 am just to take advantage of it.
No they did not forget. You failed to understand that the world is not your oyster and you are not the center of the universe.
Your reasoning and understanding falls apart in not grasping the fact that the satellites are machines, in orbit, non-expandable, non-repairable. As machines they have capacity limits. Its called data throughput. Think about it.

Can a new form of bonus bytes be made? Maybe if you run out of gigabytes it immediately takes affect but with a smaller amount ,
Already done, its called "Available Token Bytes".
You subscribe to a data capped service ... when you have consumed your monthly contracted data amount you are FAPPED. You can purchase more data.

You might look into your browsing and downloading habits as well as the condition of your machines in regards to AdBlock and Script blocking extensions as well as virus/malware activity.

There is something you are missing. I presently have  47 GB of my 50 GB Anytime Bytes remaining as well as all 50 GB of Bonus Bytes.

Now here is the kicker: I also have 28 GB of Token Bytes setting in reserve.

(please note: this post was able to express thoughts and ideas without profanity)

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

"sain" = sane 

And in the context you wrote it should be "insane".

Again, education. At least use a spell checker, man. Wait, maybe you are talking about making the sign of the cross. Now I'm confused.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Here who is confused:

Hahaha man (since you aren't posting anything constructive) lets be honest man to man. How much are they paying you? Couple grand? No one is sain enough to support Hughesnet.

Amanda, Official Rep

• 4964 Posts
  • 2735 Reply Likes

Good morning Justin,

Thank you for your feedback, we'll be sure to send it up. 

We understand that you may not just be here to provide a review, but to get assistance. We want to address your needs and resolve your concerns regarding the performance of the system. This community was created to help customers like yourself resolve tough issues and connect with one another to give advice. If you could give us a little insight into what you're experiencing when doing certain activities (streaming, browsing, downloading, uploading, etc) on your devices, that's a good start. 

Looking forward to assisting you

Amanda

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/my-review-of-hughesnet

Made a post and never replied.

Pro-Tip: If its "broke", and you don't take any steps in troubleshooting, it will remain broke.
It's A Trap!

Resorting to petty spelling corrections would be a great insult...in 2005. I'm moving on, arguing with you will only feed into your ego fed by 9k posts on a hughesnet forum.
It's A Trap!

Gwalk can you slow down with the essays? You just wrote one long comment and now you posted another one... Am I supposed to reply to both lmao?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Good riddance. Wasn't the spelling, more the "f" word. And forget the spelling, should have been "insane".

One more post for me!  : ) 

This whole thread will disappear come Monday morning anyway.
It's A Trap!

What? I thought I was the center of the universe. That's what my 4th Century B.C.E Greek school taught me at least.... But seriously Ill start monitoring my speeds and I'll document EVERYTHING this time so you guys cannot trap me in a circuitous time wasting effort, like you do to most people. (Also I'm sorry for cursing a grand total of 3 times, it must be quite horrendous for you dusty people to witness.)
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

(Also I'm sorry for cursing a grand total of 3 times, it must be quite horrendous for you dusty people to witness.)
This isn't Twitter or private texting where anything goes. Believe it or not there are lots of people who don't like cursing at the drop of a hat. This is a public site sponsored by a private company. They don't want cursing. Don't like it, don't post. And sorry, you chose to post one of the most vulgar curse words. I'm a Veteran, heard it all, this isn't the place for it. Signed dusty old man.

PS: Thought you were going away.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I'm a thinkin' this post is a waste of time & type. JMO
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

There is no "circuitous time wasting effort" ...
There is a logical progression of gathering and then presenting facts and data.

Run the manual 12 MB speed test at testmy.net while connected directly to the modem to establish a baseline performance level.

It has to be done without a router because there are router settings that can affect speeds.
Run the tests in batches of three to five, spaced at least 5 minutes apart.
Do these tests three times over the course of the day, early, mid-day and evening.
This will determine if the issue is due to gateway loading or other factors.
Once facts prove out that speeds are sub-par, the data can be escalated to Engineering.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Have to add to this soon to be dead thread. Maybe lots of people aren't up till 2 AM but there are lots who are up way before 8 AM.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

You are supposed to be able to read and comprehend and learn.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Bottom line:
Satellite is a connection of Last Resort.
If you have something else .... go for it.
If it is your only choice, learn its strengths and its weaknesses.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm moving on, arguing with you will only feed into your ego fed by 9k posts on a hughesnet forum.
Thank you.  When you can stop swearing, be little more respectful and be a bit more appreciative of the help and advice given by the long time members here feel free to come back. 
James E Besser

its a trap hughesnet is not DSL Or Cable youtube takes a lot of GB If your unhappy close your service Allso Exede  Wouldn't  be any better  Its not hughesnet,Its how you use your internet. If you want too put the peddle too the metal do it 2am.By you using 4letter words make make you feel like I will show them. You need too grow up. Think about what your doing on your pc Let the people help you out. Put your brain before you mouth