cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet is ruining my sleep schedule

Re: Hughesnet is ruining my sleep schedule

Gwalk can you slow down with the essays? You just wrote one long comment and now you posted another one... Am I supposed to reply to both lmao?
Assistant Professor

Good riddance. Wasn't the spelling, more the "f" word. And forget the spelling, should have been "insane".

One more post for me!  : ) 

This whole thread will disappear come Monday morning anyway.

What? I thought I was the center of the universe. That's what my 4th Century B.C.E Greek school taught me at least.... But seriously Ill start monitoring my speeds and I'll document EVERYTHING this time so you guys cannot trap me in a circuitous time wasting effort, like you do to most people. (Also I'm sorry for cursing a grand total of 3 times, it must be quite horrendous for you dusty people to witness.)
Assistant Professor

(Also I'm sorry for cursing a grand total of 3 times, it must be quite horrendous for you dusty people to witness.)
This isn't Twitter or private texting where anything goes. Believe it or not there are lots of people who don't like cursing at the drop of a hat. This is a public site sponsored by a private company. They don't want cursing. Don't like it, don't post. And sorry, you chose to post one of the most vulgar curse words. I'm a Veteran, heard it all, this isn't the place for it. Signed dusty old man.

PS: Thought you were going away.
Advanced Tutor

I'm a thinkin' this post is a waste of time & type. JMO
Honorary Alumnus

There is no "circuitous time wasting effort" ...
There is a logical progression of gathering and then presenting facts and data.

Run the manual 12 MB speed test at testmy.net while connected directly to the modem to establish a baseline performance level.

It has to be done without a router because there are router settings that can affect speeds.
Run the tests in batches of three to five, spaced at least 5 minutes apart.
Do these tests three times over the course of the day, early, mid-day and evening.
This will determine if the issue is due to gateway loading or other factors.
Once facts prove out that speeds are sub-par, the data can be escalated to Engineering.
Assistant Professor

Have to add to this soon to be dead thread. Maybe lots of people aren't up till 2 AM but there are lots who are up way before 8 AM.
Honorary Alumnus

You are supposed to be able to read and comprehend and learn.
Honorary Alumnus

Bottom line:
Satellite is a connection of Last Resort.
If you have something else .... go for it.
If it is your only choice, learn its strengths and its weaknesses.

Distinguished Professor IV

I'm moving on, arguing with you will only feed into your ego fed by 9k posts on a hughesnet forum.
Thank you.  When you can stop swearing, be little more respectful and be a bit more appreciative of the help and advice given by the long time members here feel free to come back. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit