cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet is still very slow

Hughesnet is still very slow

After emailing a service tech and some changes on Hughesnet's end the only thing different is a one month credit for all the issues I've been having.

My speeds are not much faster than dial up speeds.  I pay Hughesnet about $100 each month and in turn I'm supposed to get speeds of up to 15Mbs but I'm getting less than 1Mbs to around 2.5Mbs at its fastest.

Please help...I don't have any options for internet.  Can't even watch Netflix.
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Hughesnet is still very slow

Mark,

Can you provide a Hughes Ticket Number or Serial Number (ESN?)

Thanks,
Chad

There is definitely a problem with your  receiver,  position, something hindering your satellite  receiver, or connection to  modem issue, or cable to your PC. Did you get your information that you provided by going to your Hughes net  systemcontrolcenter ?? 15mbps should give a nice constant video streaming, if the problem doesn't lie within  your computer, and you have gotten your information from the hughes net system control center , which actually shows a lot of helpful  data , concerning the Status of your Network. Also make sure your WEB ACCERATION is enabled.

Identification
System Assigned Identifier (SAI) 495223
Chassis Part Number 1503568
Radio Serial Number 501323204252
Radio Part Number 1502938
LAN MAC Address 00:80:AE:31:EB:A3   
Software

Application Software 3.2.0.15 
Fallback Software 3.0.0.29    
Satellite
Beam ID 47
Outroute ID 23
Gateway ID 10   
System Status

No System Status available at this time
State Code 0.0.0 - Fully operational
Summary Operational State Up
Data Allowance Remaining 4.2 GB
System Status Satellite Receive Status Up
Satellite Transmit Status Up
LAN Status Up 2 FD
IP Gateway Association State Associated (Data IPGW - ENG47HNSIGW71C002Adv)
TCP Acceleration Up
Web Acceleration Up
Suspension State Not Suspended
Software Download Status Up to date
WAN Info
Satellite Receive Signal Strength 97
Data Packets Received 111346
Control Packets Received 4864507
Bursts Transmitted 34845
Packets Transmitted 15445
LAN Info
Packets Received 83932
Packets Transmitted 129952

Unless Chad, jumps in on this one ,and i sure hope so !!!   he can give you more help ,   but their are more knowledgeable members out there and hoping for even one of them would jump on in , but this will put you back on top of list ,   will followl to see if i can learn a little more !!
New Poster

Mark the modem serial number is on the label on the back of the modem and some have it on the bottom also

Model HT1100
P/N 1503568-0003
S/N: B3 0010062306 MB

The bottom number is your ESN number  and rep is working on another customer right now but should not ,hopefully not be too long of a wait for you , and or one of our more knowledgeable members can help you ! will follow your case and this will help you in posting  response !!!

I hope someone is looking into this!!  please help.  Tonight's speeds are under a meg and at dial up speeds.  My son is trying to do homework & I'm working from home.  Again, please help.  Maybe i need an installation tech to ensure everything is installed correctly.

I would call the installer . You definitely have a problem between the Gen 4 satellite, and your computer, unless your pc's have a virus.