cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet is the only provider in my area

Professor

Re: Hughesnet is the only provider in my area

I suggest you open a free account with Testmy.net, as that's the service that the Hughesnet people accept. You can run all your speed tests there and it provides not just speed but also other important information that the Hughesnet people can use to diagnose the problem.

VPN doesn't work at all for a lot of users, and Hughesnet does not provide technical support for VPN (as you may have seen on the FAQ).  I normally have no issues with VPN unless the speed is slow. 

Highlighted
Freshman

https://testmy.net/db/IFiXI3gNO.3g~X2varT if you need anything else let me know

Professor

Use this link for your test results:  https://testmy.net/quickstats/Nickdalton625

That collects all the tests you do, and it's helpful because it provides results over time.  You should run tests at different times of the day. Run 3 or 4 tests, about 3 to 5 minutes apart, then always remember to post the link above. 

This may not always be possible, but it's best to set the download test to manual and use the 25 MB file size, and 4 MB for uploads. 

If you collect tests over 2 to 4 days, it will provide the mods here and also the engineers with a lot of data to help diagnose what's going on. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Distinguished Professor IV

@NickDalton625

Just to be clear, the post with the most recent pictures is when you ARE using a VPN, right?

You said in the post, "Here are my speeds in my system without being behind the VPN."  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alum

Hi NickDalton625, welcome to the community and thanks for posting! I ran a diagnostic on your account and see you have a bad alignment, so I've set up a free technician visit to address these concerns. I've put you in our earliest available slot available and you will receive a call or text from the technician to confirm the appointment or reschedule if necessary. 

Hope this improves your service!

-Brooke