Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet lied

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rocky1

Hughesnet lied

Moved onto 14 acre farm. My son has neurological challenges (mood disorder, depression, OCD, etc..and takes medication) Gaming with his friends on the internet is the one thing that helps hold him together and thus gives our family some peace. Called Hughesnet and discussed our needs telling them that my son games constantly daily, my daughter is on youtube and netflix and they reassured me the service they provide would be the right choice to meet all our needs. We have had Hughesnet since Dec 2015 and my son is a wreck. He blows thru the data cap in 3-5 days and starts raging. Then stays up at night to use the bonus bytes which run out immediately and his behavior becomes unbearable. The service is expensive enough for just internet and I cannot keep purchasing tokens which I believe is also capped. Coming from a house with cable and unlimited data usage before, I was not informed by Hughesnet that there was a data limit. Now after the data runs out the speed is so slow for the entire month until it resets versus what other providers in the area offer. I tried to cancel my service within the 30 day trial but after calling within that time frame a Hughesnet representative offered for me to try extra bonus of GB and extending my trial period so I would not be so hasty to cancel. I politely agreed and appreciated the offer but when that did not meet our needs I called back 7 days later only to be told that now I had exceeded the trial period and would have to pay $400 to cancel. After reading all the terrible reviews of this company, I feel like a victim along with so many others yet I have a son who may kill me or commit suicide because the internet company cannot deliver what they promised!
10 REPLIES 10